When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

All Auto's ... upgrade to correct Mag and Font.

lanikai

From a senior dealer ... who shall remain anonymous (initial J) .....

All auto movmt's. are going to be due for upgrade ... ( Mag and Font)

252 GMT was supposed to be available to all dealers in April... will come out in about a month simultaneously to all dealers.. RE: technical solutions to the DW ... etc.

PAM 104 was mentioned .... someone mentioned it in a thread a couple day's ago..

It will be done one at a time ... as to time frame??????? the Makers need time obviously to get things right .. but it was said to be probably one watch at a time even if it is the same movement ... but who know ... that could change ....

the order of the upgrades (model number) is not known to me ...

So I guess I may as well hold on ... i was going to pull the trigger on the 104 ... but was advised to wait after I inquired about the upgrade..

Told the Anonymous Senior Dealer ... (initial J.) that i would post this ... personally I would feel bad buying a watch ... then a month later have the watch be upgraded..

LIVE STRONG ... alway's be on time ... LOL...

Thanks for the great news, lanikai! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Actually I alreay heard about DW and cyclops improvement on forecoming auto reps (104 especially included), but it was just rumors.

I just wonder what their price will be around, and whether those improvements will be on 7750 models only.

Any further info about it, by chance?

Thanks for the great news, lanikai! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Actually I alreay heard about DW and cyclops improvement on forecoming auto reps (104 especially included), but it was just rumors.

I just wonder what their price will be around, and whether those improvements will be on 7750 models only.

Any further info about it, by chance?

Hey SSSurfer .. i figured it would be old news to you and CT and Watchmeister and all the other too numerous to mention VIP members

But as you .. all i could verify were "Rumors" .. so I asked a senior Dealer who affects alot in the Rep. industry ... this is why he did not announce the 252 ... because it was supposed to be ready in Apil and it was delayed .. so time frame for that to all dealers is about 1 month. But I wouldn't announce it then have a last minute dealy ... so "about" 1 month could mean anything..but confidence is high it will be out.

As far as price .. i am guessing on this ; to use the 199 and the 092 as a gauge as far as price difference from the older model.. i am hoping they just plan to sell more watches ..Factory expects the dealers to move them ... as i say, i am not paying for a "rep" at these prices .. i am paying for a "watch".....

I do not want to "speak" for any Dealer ... but "I" would assume that the different makers of the watches .. and Movements would want to follow suit or be left behind ... either keep up or get run over ... their goal is to move their product ... why i say this is the semantics could be different in different languages so if i am told "all" autos i would not take it literally ... but one can only hope right?

As i say i am not a spokesperson for anyone .. but i like to go to the source and find out if "talk" is just rumors or if there is some validity to it ... does it have any "TEETH"

As factual information becomes available i will surely pass it on once it is verified as factual....

Asian 21j was already available on the Power Reserves so it wouldn't be a stretch to add to other 21j's. 2893's - I wouldn't hold my breath on. This is just rolling out the new technology on the new 199 to other 7750 based PAM's. :)

The 2893 has been discontinued .. so they must be gearing up for something to replace it .. i think the evolution of the Rep. industry is changing again..

look at 3 years or even 1 year ago ... I do believe ... all the different "makers" of the Reps will "have" to follow suit or be left behind in the dust .. and it is probably due in large to all you verteran members making the reps "better" by this forum and your mods and fabricating DW"s etc.

If they actually do get the mag and font right, which I will believe when I see it on my wrist--it would be possible to make a damn near perfect 104, especially if they do a D, E, or F series. If the get the "A's" right, I'll have a heart attack. Picture it--a nice 7750 104 w/ correct mag, The Zigmeister lume, lever fix, and OEM or improved aftermarket crown.

If they actually do get the mag and font right, which I will believe when I see it on my wrist--it would be possible to make a damn near perfect 104, especially if they do a D, E, or F series. If the get the "A's" right, I'll have a heart attack. Picture it--a nice 7750 104 w/ correct mag, The Zigmeister lume, lever fix, and OEM or improved aftermarket crown.

Definitely a "believe it when we see it" scenario, but yea, the 104 would be near perfectable.

If they actually do get the mag and font right, which I will believe when I see it on my wrist--it would be possible to make a damn near perfect 104, especially if they do a D, E, or F series. If the get the "A's" right, I'll have a heart attack. Picture it--a nice 7750 104 w/ correct mag, ziggy lume, lever fix, and OEM or improved aftermarket crown.

Wow the way you describe it ... makes my mouth water...........

If they actually do get the mag and font right, which I will believe when I see it on my wrist--it would be possible to make a damn near perfect 104, especially if they do a D, E, or F series. If the get the "A's" right, I'll have a heart attack. Picture it--a nice 7750 104 w/ correct mag, ziggy lume, lever fix, and OEM or improved aftermarket crown.
Edited by lanikai

Hey SSSurfer ...

Thanks for the reply lanikai.

I agree with everyone: this would be a very entertaining scenario should it become true.

Let's wait and see.

look how much money has been laid out by the very tiny few on mags, DWs, crowns, etc... any or all of these items on a watch to begin with would slaughter the competition... huge advantage that the other makers wouldn't be able to catch up with... they need to realize that the folks only wanting to spend $100 will put up with whatever... those who have $300-$400 to spend will find the best and most accurate... Long live the high end reps!!! :)

look how much money has been laid out by the very tiny few on mags, DWs, crowns, etc... any or all of these items on a watch to begin with would slaughter the competition... huge advantage that the other makers wouldn't be able to catch up with... they need to realize that the folks only wanting to spend $100 will put up with whatever... those who have $300-$400 to spend will find the best and most accurate... Long live the high end reps!!! :)

I agree 110 % ...... the low end stuff will sell with or without the correct markings etc. .... maybe they really need a defining line between highend movements and reps. that are not "junk" but just plain ..... inexpensive .... the makers would have the best of both worlds...

They're starting to learn this....sort of. They've learned they can sell a lot of watches by increasing their attention to detail several notches, fixing flaws that two years ago would have just sailed under the radar through mulltiple versions. But they've also learned that those of us demand a superior level of detail will pay much more than $200-$400 for it.

My guess is that there are still, perhaps unwritten, rules against perfection. The flaws that exist on the super-reps are too obvious to be unintentional--missing words on the back, serial # 0001 or no serial at all, for example. My guess is that if they do get the mag right on the 104 there will be several other flaws, intentional or not. What we need to do is pray to the rep Gods that these flaws can be modded away. I'll make a deal with them: If you put a dime thin crown on these babies and fix the "A's" I'll still buy 2!

They're starting to learn this....sort of. They've learned they can sell a lot of watches by increasing their attention to detail several notches, fixing flaws that two years ago would have just sailed under the radar through mulltiple versions. But they've also learned that those of us demand a superior level of detail will pay much more than $200-$400 for it.

My guess is that there are still, perhaps unwritten, rules against perfection. The flaws that exist on the super-reps are too obvious to be unintentional--missing words on the back, serial # 0001 or no serial at all, for example. My guess is that if they do get the mag right on the 104 there will be several other flaws, intentional or not. What we need to do is pray to the rep Gods that these flaws can be modded away. I'll make a deal with them: If you put a dime thin crown on these babies and fix the "A's" I'll still buy 2!

Ahh yes - the "A's". The bane of my PAM existance. I dream of a fixed 063 dial.....

Ahh yes - the "A's". The bane of my PAM existance. I dream of a fixed 063 dial.....

Yup, the 063 would be the only rep that could be made 1.0000001:1 if it weren't for those 2 capital As.

It's so frustrating because it's exactly as hard to print a dial wrong as it is to print a dial right, and would take all of 30 seconds to fix every time they design a new dial. Sadly, ny guess is that the A's are either a built in "tell" or will always be well below the threshhold of their detail orientation. :cry: