When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

EL Arktos from Cabbage

leitztozeiss

OMG, my EL Arktos from Cabbage arrived today. Wow. What a watch. Words and pics cannot due this thing justice. This thing looks and feels fantastic. The details are phenomenal, especially the engravings on the caseback. There is a very thin clear piece of protective film on the back, so the pic below doesn't clearly show how really crisp the engravings are. The crown guard lever has the usual rep floppiness when opened - I hope to find a fix for that, perhaps a replacement assembly. A larger pivot pin with a little more press fit would probably work. The date magnification is a bit low, though for practical day to day use, is not objectionable - it is easy to read. I look forward to a fix for this.

In short, I highly recommend this watch, and also Cabbage - great guy and responsive seller. He also had the watch set to the right time for my time zone, so no setting was necessary. Now just waiting for my BOB cobalt blue shark strap for deployment. Yahooo!

32214-40226.jpg

32214-40227.jpg

Edited by leitztozeiss

glad you got and like it....ya i noticed same thing with the flimsy crown and lever, but the crown/lever to me looks good, and does lock into place, but the crown is none too smooth when using to set.

I noticed that as well. Is it because it's a 7750? setting time is a pain in the ass with this watch.

But boy, is it a beaut.

Did anyone notice that all the new offerings of Arktos have chrome hands while the EL version has black hands..?

I believe the genuine has black hands.

Yes, the gen's do indeed have black hands. Too bad about the bezel font though hehe :p