When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai Replica Luminosity

alant

Hi dear all, just curious I saw some pictures of the Panerai replicas here, the luminosity glow is pretty intense. And some are as good as the gen ones. Over at Singapore, I find that my piece the glow is not impressive at all, in fact after the lights are off, it glows very slightly (pretty pale) and within like 2-3 minutes not glowing already. Is that normal? Would appreciate any kind feedback. Thanks.

I have a Fiddy with davidsen hands that are aledgedly SL, they glow like mad, my dial direct from Andrew glows just a bit less, both are readable after 8 hours in the dark. My Wife has a 217, that loses it after 6 hours and my vintage after about 5 hours also, bear in mind these are sandwich dials and relatively expensive ones $200 plus.

By the way welcome to RWG, how about an introduction?

Davidsen's are lumed with SuperLuminova (SL) and therefore their glowing is like the genuines (not always the same about nuance, though).

All other reps vary between an almost-fake lume and a pretty decent one. Not at the same level of SL, though.

Usually (but not always, e.g. the low-cost 104 from Josh has a decent lume in spite of its low price) the lume quality correlates with the watch price and the collectors' claims for extra-lume, stunning-lume, or so. Be adviced that "super lume" is not a synonim for SL, and "super lumed" is not a synonim for "lumed with SL".

And usually the hands have a better lume than the dial.