When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep or Gen?

paranoid

Hi Guys,

could you give me your opinions on whether this is a Gen or a Rep please?

I think its a rep but i'm far from an expert

This was your post #1...... :bangin: at least you are interested in watches and to test others...welcome to RWG paranoid :rolleyes:

Edited by Gunnar Gran

I agree this is a gen.

Else, this is the best rep ever made.

Just interesting to notice that, while the 171 goes from F series (2003) onwards, it does note make its appearance on OP catalogues until 2004... :blink:

There are lots of ways to tell this watch is real. Aside from those mentioned:

The date font and mag would be different (easy to research how it would be different)

The crossbar on the capital "A's" would be lower

The crown guard would not be as nicely finished

The brushing would be less agressive.

Several of the above differences can be fixed--the crown guard and the brushing would be the easiest--but the "A's" and the date font/mag would be difficult, especially on this model.

But I sure hope I'm wrong and this is some new super-rep, w/ a 7750 w/ functional power reserve!

There are lots of ways to tell this watch is real. Aside from those mentioned:

The date font and mag would be different (easy to research how it would be different)

The crossbar on the capital "A's" would be lower

The crown guard would not be as nicely finished

The brushing would be less agressive.

Several of the above differences can be fixed--the crown guard and the brushing would be the easiest--but the "A's" and the date font/mag would be difficult, especially on this model.

But I sure hope I'm wrong and this is some new super-rep, w/ a 7750 w/ functional power reserve!

i'll let you know if I buy it :)

and it may be my first post, but i've been lurking for a few months, slowly building up a collection of Reps and Gens :victory:

and it may be my first post, but i've been lurking for a few months, slowly building up a collection of Reps and Gens :victory:

Had I been in knowledge of it, I would have lurked your questions for a few months before posting my first reply to you. :p