When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question about a SMP GMT bracelet

predfan2001

What's your opinion on a genuine Omega GMT bracelet (Bond style with the single side clasp release). I just put one on my rep and I think it sucks. The cheesy clasp comes undone with the slightest bump. It will even come undone if you bend your wrist far enough to hit the release. I'm wondering if they are all this way or if the spring is weak.

The gen band "makes" the watch but I'm thinking about putting my rep SMP clasp on it if it fits the gen links.

I have a gen Omega Seamaster GMT with the very bracelet you speak of. I love it. It has never come apart on my hand and mine is nearly 5 years old. Do you wear the watch on your right hand so that the catch is closest to your wrist? I just tried to undo the clasp in all manners in which you describe and I can not do it. I wear the watch on my left hand with the catch away from my wrist.

Perhaps it is a matter of adjustment?

I wear it on my left wrist and the "slightest" bump causes the clasp to open (maybe that's why somebody was selling it on eBay??). It may be a weak spring condition, if so I don't see a way to correct that short of replacing the clasp. I was just in my shop pressing the pins out to see if it was a match (a quality rep engraved SMP clasp to gen links), it didn't work. The rep half links will have to be filed on to open them up for the gen links. The pins are the same size though. I was in a car wreck this weekend, rolled my Jeep so I really don't feel up to alot of filing right now. I'll post an update later. :black_eye:

Edited by predfan2001