When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Questions for Cousteau owners

slojo

Thinking of buying an IWC Cousteau having had my head turned by all the beautiful photos posted by lucky owners.

One thing that is holding me back is the misaligned day/date which seems quite bad in some pictures but close to perfect in others. To me this is one thing which I could not live with as it just screams fake, much more that other little details that 99.9999% of people would never notice.

My questions to you owners are therefore:

1. How is the day/date alignment in yours?

2. Does the alignment get better or worse over time or remain unchanged? If I get one from a seller who QCs it in advance and says the day/date alignment is OK before dispatch is it likely to remain so indefinitely?

3. If it is a problem can anything be done about it?

Many thanks in advance.

S

OH Yeah! Nice post

After I got my 3717; Cousteau 2007 version attract my sight on it.....

I want to know the answer you ask too!

Owner please kindly share your experience!

Raymond :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by rckh

Good number of posts on this here. Plenty of detailed info from owners.

I have 2 - my comments apply to both.

1 Pretty good. been wearing now for about a month and no problems. It's not 100%, but it's pretty close.

2 Mine's getting no worse despite daily wear.

3 Numerous posts with solutions on the IWC forum. Search for date wheel alignment.

Hilts

Ok,

i have a Cousteau: first thing to say is it is a fantastic watch. really a winner.

The issue with the day/date well is not a thing of the Cousteau, it a thing from the Asia 7750b. I have many and all have this issue. But it is no so problematic in general: with the date is normally no problem at all, and with the date, is comes from watch to watch. Personally the one that I have present really a small misaligment. Very very small.