When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How to rework river's springbars

Ole.W

Hi,

I use River’s springbars for some time now. A very innovative product to prevent your pam from stripped lugs or to use your pam when lugs are already stripped, like in my case.

But after a number of strap-changes, the springs in the bars become weak, so the bolts (mostly the “screw-side”) won’t fit properly in the lug and they are to much in the hole, what looks not good at all.

So, after I purchased a number of springbars to have a reserve in stock, I tried to rework them: and it’s easy and saves the life of the springbars!

So hold the bar with some pliers – but don’t press too hard, the tube is really thin!

Then pull out the “screw-side” bolt with some small tipped pliers – do not destroy the screw-head.

Take the spring out of the tube and tear it to the desired load.

Then push the bolt in again using the small tipped pliers – and that’s all!

Worked for me on the same springbar more than 1 time.

Enjoy

Ole

I don't understand. If i pull out the part with the tread can i put it in afterwards ??

Didn't i fysically destroy that part.

could you post some pics of this operation/handling

regards,

Cats

I don't understand. If i pull out the part with the tread can i put it in afterwards ??

Didn't i fysically destroy that part.

could you post some pics of this operation/handling

regards,

Cats

Hi cats, that was my first thought before I tried: it will be destroyed at all! No you will not destroy it.

You can put it in again. The tube is made of some thin metal, so the ends seem to be a little bit flexible. When you push the bolt back into the tube, you have to do it with controlled power - but it will stay there if it is in the tube again.

The end of the tube will not fringe in this operation.

I will take some pictures when next rework is needed and will post them here.