When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 090 ... not definitive but small clue on movement from dealer

lanikai

A senior dealer was asked about this movement ... and replyed that it "is" a special movement from China... more functionality than the asian 21 J ... I will try to get more info so the experts here can decipher it ... although he said it is not from the seagull factory... there may be many smaller factories branching off now..(again..my interpretation0 I don't really know... sssufer you were positively correct in your hypothesis ...

although it was stated that this is not the segull movement but one that has the functions ...i maybe wrong on my interpretation ... if I am ... "my bad" but i hope this can help a little

Edited by lanikai

Thanks lanikai, sure it helps.

So what we have here is a Chinese copy of a Chinese movement... oh well... :rolleyes:

If you can find more info about it, kudos to you. A definite step forward would be finding the datewheel specs, so we can find whether there are interchangeable datewheels to buy as spares and have them reprinted, so to prevent the members from the need to send Lello their datewheels.

So what we have here is a Chinese copy of a Chinese movement... oh well... :rolleyes:

If you can find more info about it, kudos to you. A definite step forward would be finding the datewheel specs, so we can find whether there are interchangeable datewheels to buy as spares and have them reprinted, so to prevent the members from the need to send Lello their datewheels.

OK sssurfer ... i can try ... but I don't know how much information the powers that be will give out ... but I will give it a shot... Kudo's go to the Almighty .. I just do the footwork...

I wonder if a Chinese copy of a Chinese movement results in further quality loss, kind of like when you used to have a VHS tape that was a copy of a copy.... For those old enough to remember VHS tapes. :)

Chief....

How I interpret it is that there are many factories in China and because of the business (Reps. I will use this Euphamism) ... factories (however big that means)... may have to relocate .... often... if the wheels aren't greased often... or people that were running them are now somewhere else... in our terms "factory" sounds like a permanent building ... with China being what it is internally I am sure these "factories" aren't publicly known with a sign out front.

So with that said ... if someone were to say that it is not a "seagull" that may mean a number of things... seagull has gone way underground ...... they are calling themselves something else ... or a variety of aliases .... it may be an improvement over the original... remember Japan was known for copying and improving... now Sony ... well I am assuming you have been on the Planet long enough to know how that story goes...

Trying to get more info... be back later

sssurfer... if the answer to the DW's is yes they do interchange with the other PR's with the so called "same" movement ... but we cannot get the specs ... would one date wheel suffice as a sample to find the correct spares??? :g:

sssurfer... if the answer to the DW's is yes they do interchange with the other PR's with the so called "same" movement ... but we cannot get the specs ... would one date wheel suffice as a sample to find the correct spares??? :g:

If you guys want a DW from that movement, I have one.

ON EDIT: i had 2 watches w/ the same movement: a 090 and a 222, both powered by a 2530. I know this because my watchsmith used the drawings I gave him. I believe I posted about this movement w/ a link to the Seagull site when the 222 came out. My watchsmith said it was the best Chinese movement he's seen to date. He also charged me twice as much for the DW removal as usual because it is more difficult to get to than "standard" movements. I don't know if the latest models are a different movement since I purchased both of my watches nearly a year ago.

I doubt it, unfortunately.

Apart from the fact that I do not feel that my (or Lello's) watchsmith is so skilled to recognize what type a DW is by just looking at it, even a difference so small to be undetectable at the eye would compromise everything...

(thanks for your offer, J.!)