When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HOW TO FIT A THICK STRAP TO THE PANERAI DEPLOYMENT

V

Not to butt in on your excellent explanation, I will add my instructions too:

I also recommend a deployant, especially if you are going to change watches often, they reduce the wear and tear that you get with a buckle.

I, although, have put all my deployants on thick (4mm) cordovan straps with a little patience and effort without modifying the strap at all... Just some persistant pressure:

Here's my latest Horween shell cordovan in violet:

Here's my wonderful PAM 091:

12770-4015.jpg

12770-4016.jpg

12770-4017.jpg

And here's the hard part, adding the buckle half is a bit difficult because the leather is so thick (3.5-4mm). After inserting the buckle in the correctly adjustment position, you must insert the bottom pin in the buckle, and then apply constant pressure allowing the leather to compress until the top pin lines up with the hole. After it lines up, holding it in place, you can tap the extended pin until the other side seats into the hole:

12770-4018.jpg

The groove for the tang on some straps not made for deployant may be too narrow for the short side of the clasp. This one fit fine, but you may have to widen the groove with an exacto knife (very carefully). This is especially difficult with stingray straps, as cutting stingray skin is almost as hard as cutting rocks!:

12770-4019.jpg

wow where you get this 091?

artoero

• 6 years later...