When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cartier Roadster

Rxus

So last weekand a friend of mine drops buy, one I havn't seeni n a while and hes wearing this beutifull watch it's a cartier roadfster chrono. In all honesty I had seen pictures of them and did not like them at all. But once I got a chance to see it up close and even try it on I couldn't beleive my eyes. His is a gen, and I would be a fool to let him know my little secret :whistling:

His was on a nice black alligator strap and i gotta say, i have gained a new appreciation for Cartier

What a coincidence, I'm thinking of buying an inexpensive quartz white dial Roadster chronograph from my favorite cqout dealer.

I know it's not the best but I love the looks of it, very elegant and classy.

The gen at least is amazing. The one my buddy owns is a white dial on leather strap. And the way the strap is held on is wonderfull no pins or screws.

I'm gonna have to look around and see if any of our dealers carry this with a 7750. But all i know of is the Santos wich is also very elegant.

I have to agree with you on the 'change of hearts'. I used to think very little of the Cartier brand, treating them mostly as a women-only line that did not appeal to me in the least. Then, my local jewelry store began carrying some of their watches, especially in men's versions - I was awestruck the first time I saw some of those pieces. With a unique and distinct design, they can be compared to Panerai in terms of their shape and style. Indeed, I would also consider purchasing a Cartier rep but only if it was reasonably priced, and reasonably accurate.

One cartier I like and I consider a bit of a womens watch to this day is the Pasha (sp?) Mens size there is one with a rubber-like material on the SS band with black dial it looks stunning, but then again I can't picture myself wearing mostly because i get the feeling it will look like a womens watch.

Maybe i'm just crazy.

So last weekand a friend of mine drops buy, one I havn't seeni n a while and hes wearing this beutifull watch it's a cartier roadfster chrono. In all honesty I had seen pictures of them and did not like them at all. But once I got a chance to see it up close and even try it on I couldn't beleive my eyes. His is a gen, and I would be a fool to let him know my little secret :whistling:

His was on a nice black alligator strap and i gotta say, i have gained a new appreciation for Cartier

I have been a fan of the Roadster for years. I have a good ETA Roadster rep in a 1:1 case that was discontinued 4-5 years ago, and it still sees wrist time every so often. Now, though, they have jumbo Roadsters, and while the size is more to my liking, I don't like what they've done to the dials. The marker fonts now look stretched and goofy to me. But, in any event, it's still a nice watch and one that gets noticed early and often in my experience.