When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex bezel change/realignment tutorial

FanDeLaU

Hello everyone!

I need to make a little mod on my Omega Seamaster (by Paul/Abay). The bars/numbers on the bezel are aligned with the concave dips on the bezel, where they should be aligned with the tips.

I remember seen one article on the old forum, so I thougth I'd post the same here... this one is for a Rolex. It's very detailed and with excellent pics on the procedure... check it out!

Rolex bezel tutorial

I guess my question is: does any one know if the same procedure applies to Omegas?

Enjoy and thanks for your replies!

FanDeLaU

PS If the site goes down, or if enough people requests it, I can post the procedure along with the pictures here...

Had a similar problem with a Omega GMT bezel insert.

I was hesitant to do this and went the way of the "Hairdryer" to loosen up the glue and then with my finger nail, leverage the peal rim holder and slide it to the correct position.

I let it dry and avoided removing the bezel or srewing up the inner ring spring.

Thanks so much for the advice guys!

I'll decide one method or the other this weekend... I'll keep y'all posted.

Cheers! :drunk:

I was hesitant to do this and went the way of the "Hairdryer" to loosen up the glue and then with my finger nail, leverage the peal rim holder and slide it to the correct position.

I let it dry and avoided removing the bezel or srewing up the inner ring spring.

I have a question about this method... wouldn't the excesive heat damage the movement? sounds silly, but valid in my book...

On previous watches, I have tried the full bezel removal, and only disappointed at my results which included scratching the band, and damaging the bezel washer/spring.

I used the hair drier on my latest Omega GMT and didnt make it too hot, but warm enough to forcefully move the bezel insert with my nail positioned on the rim of the Pearl.

My best advice is, dont cook the watch, just make it warm enough to allow movement on the glue. You will have to apply pressure, and it will move gently.

I’ve never had any trouble removing bezel inserts. In fact, on most all of my reps they have fallen off and I’ve had to re-glue them. Of course I tend to swim in my watches, and most reps use cheap two-sides “tape” to hold the insert to the bezel, so the water softens the glue.

On my Rollie Subs, I remove the bezel and soak it in warm water mixed with dishwashing liquid. Within an hour of soaking the bezel, the glue dissolves and it's a breeze to remove without risk of damage. Allow it to soak longer if necessary. The excess glue will also be very easy to remove from the bezel and insert.

For adhesive, I suggest G-S Hypo Cement which has a precision applicator. This makes the adhesive application super simple. I found it on Ebay for around $5, shipped. BTW, I found this product based on a recommendation by fellow RWGr (Enu, I believe) and this stuff works like a charm. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Jet

Edited by Jetsons

I did exactly the same as TB. 10 secs with hairdryer on medium heat setting et voila! Piece of cake :D

Edited by baltic