When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

7753 187 is out :)

Guest Sql_pl

Well I actually received mine today. Pics will not be forthcoming for several days as I am away from my camera. The pics above are dead on anyhow. And interestingly, it has now disappeared off of King's web site. :g:

The good news is that it is definitely the 7753 version with decent AR coat. However, it is clearly the later case on the $250 version in other respects though. The 1000 on the dial should be brighter blue, the "He" should be engraved not raised, engravings on case back are not nearly as deep, not individualized serial numbers and too small crown guard. The bezel is 60 click but not nearly as solid as on the Honpo. None of this is surprising as it is priced at what I would guess is the cost of the movement at retail plus $200. So mine will be undergoing some transplants from the Watchonpo version. Did anyone else order or receive this piece?

interesting...i didn't pulled the trigger...i think that this one doesn't justify the asking price...we are seeing super reps coming out...panerai in a big number...davidsen each time does some improvements...factories as well on some products...see pan north pole (one of the best out of the box), panerai 4 ferrari 008...why didn't dealers took advices on this one? to make it better? coming out with this one...i doubt it will sell for 7xx$

waiting for your pictorial...

Oops, looking at the old Showbox site on this computer. It is expensive but at a price of $750 or so I have alternative uses for the movement and I can't find a 7753 movement for under $550-600 ( in fact I have had difficulty finding a stand alone one at all) so I viewed it as very little downside.

I will do a careful review of this one versus the Honpo and the gen over the weekend. I suspect people will be disappointed. :wounded1: I would not buy this one without looking at the upcoming pics.

Look foward to it. Yes, 7753 - but I'm not upgrading from this (below) until the case is spot on - and He valve.

281656-11031.jpg

281656-11032.jpg

281656-11033.jpg

281656-11034.jpg

281656-11035.jpg

Edited by bigbadbrad

The obvious move is to swap movement, dial and hands into the Honpo. My concerns are that the quickset date adjuster on the Honpo either does not function or line up and/or the dial and movement spacer may not fit. This is not a clear cut swap at all. I now see why Honpo was not so quick to do this. If they ever did I would guess it would have a $1500 price tag.