When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Improved PAM 51?

Watchmeister

I don't know if this is old news but have people seen this one from Honpo? They even super impose it against a gen. :)

http://shopping.e-conveni.net/item_info.ht..._id=700220&

Looks AMAZING!

They were pretty strategic with their pics of the bracelet, but it may be correctly tapered and the crown looks better than the previous version. The mag and font are definitely better.

If this has AR and individual #'s, it will be the best out of the box PAM rep of all time--with my OEM guard it will be "AD perfect." The only flaws I can see are the "A's" and (I think, because I just swapped cyclopses on mine) the same 5.5mm cyclops (gen has 6mm), neither of which will be noticed except side by side.

Nice catch.... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Guest Sql_pl

Hmm...

Isn't it a regular 051 rep that is being sold for like 2 years or more already?

277644-2079.jpg

They even use same pics of the 050 and 051 together....

What do I miss here??

No I may be missing something. :lol: I didn't remember it having proper date set-up or as bold a font on the dial numbers. I don't actually pay much attention to the 40mm's so they may have been that good for a while. I would still kill for their ti 194 though.

And as far as I know we haven't been able to buy from them since Ken disappeared. Sorry to hear Slay was scammed. I guess that was by Ken.

...and the hands are still to short, this has been a plaque 051 has been suffering for over 2 yrs now :-(

babola

Only if you've been going by that pic for two years now--they do look too short in a couple of those pics but I did a pretty detailed side by side w/ a rep & a gen in hand and the only differences I could come up with were font & mag, cyclops size, brushing aggressiveness, AR, the "A's" and CG fit and finish.

I don't know when they improved the font and the mag, but both are definitely better than the 51 I bought when they first came out.

Only if you've been going by that pic for two years now--they do look too short in a couple of those pics but I did a pretty detailed side by side w/ a rep & a gen in hand and the only differences I could come up with were font & mag, cyclops size, brushing aggressiveness, AR, the "A's" and CG fit and finish.

I don't know when they improved the font and the mag, but both are definitely better than the 51 I bought when they first came out.

When I first 'examined' 51 back then, it had both hour and minute shorter than the gen (appart from the other noticable flaws). This put me off the purchase originaly, plus I developed attraction towards the PAM mech historics, so didn't bother afterwards, anyway. The pics from the Honpo link could simply be the old ones, or 'new' version where they managed to fix few flaws and introduce some new ones - again! :)

...either that or you simply got lucky when you procurred yours. :g:

cheers,

babola