When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Seamaster 2531.80

Febus

It does look good but the vendor is cagey about where they bought it from. As the pictures aren't great it got me wondering what sort of profit there would be in sticking a genuine bezel on a 'closed factory' rep and buying a box set off ebay. I reckon you could double your money thus why I'm concerned. What I can't really see is if the HE valve is in the right place or not.

Any other 'tells' I should be looking for?

two things

The closed factory SMP was the limited 007 model - meaning that the dial on this watch would have to had been replaced. Secondly, the serial number where the back of the watch is not the standard serial number that was on the replicas. (replica started with 8, this one starts with 6)

IMO, this is genuine...bezel and indices show nature aging as well

two things

The closed factory SMP was the limited 007 model - meaning that the dial on this watch would have to had been replaced. Secondly, the serial number where the back of the watch is not the standard serial number that was on the replicas. (replica started with 8, this one starts with 6)

IMO, this is genuine...bezel and indices show nature aging as well

I thought the so called 'closed factory' model was also available as a bog standard 2531.80. At least the one I used to have had the bracelet with pins. Getting more confused now but it's good to hear you think it's genuine.