When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Repost of my query about accuracy of PAM217 Crown Guards

infinitime

Hi guys,

I am reposting my question from the main forum, as it doesn't seem to be getting many responses... hopefully the experts on this sub-forum may be of greater assistance!

I have noticed that there are two different variants of the crown guard. The major difference appears to be one has a thicker bridge area (the part when the lever-pin is inserted), with ample metal around the pin, and the other, an inferior design with a slightly oversized pin, which borders right on the edge of the lower portion of the bridge (when viewed face up). For your ease of reference, I enclose pictures of the two variants, along with a third picture, being the one of the genuine item.

GOOD REP CROWN GUARD

36418-39226.jpg

BAD REP CROWN GUARD

36418-39227.jpg

GENUINE CROWN GUARD

36418-39228.jpg

Sadly, the one I have is the inferior design, and I suspect that the replacement I am expecting receive in the mail will be the same design, even if it is not mis-aligned.

Does anyone know of a source for the more accurate crown guard? I've been told that our dealer prefer not to sell parts alone, but this is a minor nusiance which really detracts from the otherwise near perfect case. I have contacted our parts dealers, but unfortunately non of them seem to carry parts for the 47mm cases.

Any advice offer any advice as to where I can source the better crown guard?