When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Planet Ocean Case Gasket

I just received my Planet ocean from Andrew, and let me say it is beautiful. Very Heavy and solid. One flaw is my caseback gasket is torn. I am inexperienced at watch repair, but am starting to learn. Does anyone know what size gasket I need? Should I just order an assortment from ebay? Such as:

Ebay gaskets

Any help to a noob would be appreciated.

I just received my Planet ocean from Andrew, and let me say it is beautiful. Very Heavy and solid. One flaw is my caseback gasket is torn. I am inexperienced at watch repair, but am starting to learn. Does anyone know what size gasket I need? Should I just order an assortment from ebay? Such as:

Ebay gaskets

Any help to a noob would be appreciated.

Hi , which PO version do you have? Eta or asian?

Cheers :)

I had previously seen that thread. It is what caused me to check my gasket. I pm'd Oldecrow, but haven't heard back yet. I have the 42.5mm Swiss ETA Version.

Thanks for the help

Gosh...another Eta with the same issue... :thumbdown:

Don't worry .... oldecrow will answer you for sure, he's always very helpful.

Did you solve the problem?

Oldecrow sent the follwing response:

"I can tell you the dimensions but I haven't ordered new gaskets yet to try myself so I can't say for sure if they will work.

the o-ring groove is 36.5mm outside and 35.5mm inside which means the gasket is 1mm wide and it should be at least .5mm thick for a flat gasket.

If you get a round o-ring for it you will have to get an assortment that covers that size range in different thicknesses and jus try them untill you find one that fits well."

I searched the internet, and couldn't find a flat gasket that large. I ended up orderinf the o-ring assortment off of ebay. I am hoping there will be something that fits.

Oldecrow sent the follwing response:

"I can tell you the dimensions but I haven't ordered new gaskets yet to try myself so I can't say for sure if they will work.

the o-ring groove is 36.5mm outside and 35.5mm inside which means the gasket is 1mm wide and it should be at least .5mm thick for a flat gasket.

If you get a round o-ring for it you will have to get an assortment that covers that size range in different thicknesses and jus try them untill you find one that fits well."

I searched the internet, and couldn't find a flat gasket that large. I ended up orderinf the o-ring assortment off of ebay. I am hoping there will be something that fits.

Thanks for the useful info, let's hope you can solve it.

I'm particularly intrested as i'm gonna buy the same watch and i'll probably have to get some gasklet too.

That's not an enthusiastic perspective but Andrew's PO is currently the best version available.

Well I got the 144 case gaskets off of Ebay. None of them are large enough. Does anyone know where I can get one large enough????????? Please point me in the right direction.

Hi dude,

Why don't ya just drop Andrew an email telling him about this problem. He may be able to send you a replacement gasket and you don't have to worry about sizes this way... Andrew's a standup guy...

Hi dude,

Why don't ya just drop Andrew an email telling him about this problem. He may be able to send you a replacement gasket and you don't have to worry about sizes this way... Andrew's a standup guy...

Well I took your advice, and sent him off an email. We will see what he says. I realyy did just try to solve it myself, but just couln't fin one big enough.