When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Intersting article about reps in German Chronus mag

FxrAndy

I just received the new chronus mag and was surprised to see a comparison between the new navi rep and a gen, I have not red it fully bit the first page basicaly starts with say good buy to the days of the cheep distinguishable rep. The new bread are hard to tell even for the pros.

Have made a couple of shots and will try to take some better ones later.

post-1258-1184848239_thumb.jpg

post-1258-1184848305_thumb.jpg

post-1258-1184848383_thumb.jpg

Had a read through it, it does not mention a great deal about the quality of the rep apart from it having an asian 28800 7750 that is missing the adjuster and that the pushers are not screwed in. In all it warns people to be aware of the quality of the reps and to use escrow for online purchases so as not to get caught out. It staters that only a good craftsman would know that it was not real even if the back was off, ok he wopuld have to be real out of touch to notice the missing adjuster as it has been there since 1973 but you never know, dial, hand, and bracelet quality were all said to very good.

I would like to know what they say about the SFSO hmmmmmmm, the breitling cal 17 is not a lot nore than a polished 2824/2 so the swis works ones are a good way there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do think that we need to stay quiet more now than ever before or we will loose all we have, our collectors, makers and all we reliy on to fool ONLY our selfs. we are getting madia attention now lets Shhhhhhh

Had a read through it ...In all it warns people to be aware of the quality of the reps

I do think that we need to stay quiet more now than ever before or we will loose all we have, our collectors, makers and all we reliy on to fool ONLY our selfs. we are getting madia attention now lets Shhhhhhh

Thanks Andy and I agree, Mum's the word!

they said, that the Asian 7750 is a LEGAL movement, because the 7750 is now public domain.

Means ANYONE can copy the 7750 movement and sell it under their name with no legal consequences to fear. WOW, I didnt know that!

Selittas plan a 7750 to be released in 2009, just in time to coinside with ETA stopping delevery to any one outside the swatch group!

@ Archibald, as well as the DW hands and strap i would like to try to fit real pushers if that is possible. I have to admit i have never been a fan of Navis but the colour of this one and this profi review has turned me a bit.