When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tube to fit OEM crown & Jimmy case

Assuming the crown or stem can be modified to make an OEM crown work w/ the handwind movement, it looks like the tube will be the next hurdle if anyone would like to use the crown w/ a Jimmy case. The hole in the case is 3.25mm and the crown needs a tube with an inside diameter of 2.3mm-2.5mm. Of course, the length of the tube can be customized. My own search of the usual places has come up w/ no ready made solutions.

Since I have this exact combo of crown and case in hand at the moment I thought I would submit the dilemma to our RWG brain trust for ponderance.

• 4 weeks later...
Assuming the crown or stem can be modified to make an OEM crown work w/ the handwind movement, it looks like the tube will be the next hurdle if anyone would like to use the crown w/ a Jimmy case. The hole in the case is 3.25mm and the crown needs a tube with an inside diameter of 2.3mm-2.5mm. Of course, the length of the tube can be customized. My own search of the usual places has come up w/ no ready made solutions.

Since I have this exact combo of crown and case in hand at the moment I thought I would submit the dilemma to our RWG brain trust for ponderance.

The crown tube I have from Jimmy fits the OEM crown perfectly. I haven't tried to fit it to my 029 case yet, but I am sure that is easier than trying to get a crown to fit a tube.

299222-3536.jpg

The crown tube I have from Jimmy fits the OEM crown perfectly. I haven't tried to fit it to my 029 case yet, but I am sure that is easier than trying to get a crown to fit a tube.

299302-3482.jpg

My watchsmith's opinion on the Jimmy tube is that it's pretty close, but probably won't form a water-tight seal or activate the spring mechanism properly w/ the .9mm OEM crown.

@kruzer: I think I hear a lathe turning as I type this...

My watchsmith's opinion on the Jimmy tube is that it's pretty close, but probably won't form a water-tight seal or activate the spring mechanism properly w/ the .9mm OEM crown.

@kruzer: I think I hear a lathe turning as I type this...

Excellent ...sounds a bit lame ...but this is like the decoding of Egyptian heiroglyphs when they found the Rosetta stone....

A great puzzle solved I think...?:-)

Awesome contribution to the craft IMHO

Thanks

FGD