When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Uncassing movement from Fiddy

Cats

I want to uncase the movement from my Fiddy. after opening the back I found out that the movement has to be uncased via the front of the watch.

I assume I first have to remove the lunette and then the crystal but I don't have a clue because I never did this.

Do I have take into account certain things that should know before starting or is it just as simple as I described above ??.

BTW I don't have the right size of ring to press the lunette back on the case.

Does anybody have a source and/or measurement description for this ring.

This might look like an odd question but the watch is with a friend of mine who is on a holiday right now and I can't ask him to do the measuring of the lunette.

This Saturday I will visit an exhibition for watch collectors where I might find some tolls the do the job.

Regards,

Cats

I too am surprised at this. I have some 203 (supposed to be almost identical to the Fiddy in dimensions), both in auto and manual versions, and I have always been successful in removing the movement from the back.

Now that you make me recall it, though, I seem to remember I read something similar on the 'old' RWG.

I wonder whether different rep Fiddy versions may be different under this respect...

There are actually two Fiddy case versions.

The old one uses steel mov't spacer ring to hold the movement that goes in the case from the back.

The new version requires the bezel (together with crystal) to be removed to be able to access dial and movement from the front.

I have had both, but preffer the older version.

cheers,

babola

Edited by babola

Thanks for all the repsonses.

This relay shows the value of a forum, problem sloved within 24 hours SUPER :1a:

I also thougth a read somewhere a topic of the movement being removed via the front.

Babola finally cleared it. Now i will go out to the exibithion and source the proper size of ring for the crystal press assuming i can't press it in manually.

Regards,

Cats