When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fake 3717 on ebay

k2222

http://cgi.ebay.com/IWC-Classic-Pilot-Chro...1QQcmdZViewItem

Check the brown pinions, and very low AR, not to mention about 350$.....

is it me or i was in the AD before looking at the IWC chrono 3717 and pinions was brass :S but yeh.. maybe the AD sells fake watches too.. /me shrugs

the difference that i can tell from the fake from the real is from teh datewheel and also the fact that the 3,6,9,12 hour markers are poorly put on.. where as in the gen it is very well made..

OMG if this trully is a fake..some poor soul just paid 2500 for it..ouch... Hes gonna kill himself when he takes it for service and they break the news to him...

Not to mention some douche bag just made 2500- w/e he paid for it 250-300 USD.

have You ever seen pinions on rep like those???

thats a factory pic.. and yes they do look yellow to me.. like the reps.. its a picture man.. if i photoshopped and airbrush my rep like wat they did in ur photos.. my pinions will look silver too.. but i saw a genuine 3717 yesterday, 3 days ago and the day before.. to compare it to my rep and boy.. them pinions look the same colour to me (the gen in the ad and my rep).. unless AD sells a fake watch then im not sure.. but yeh.. if ur gonna believe pics more than the real thing then its ok

Brecelet of Ebay seller watch.... Now please show me gen brecelet with same hole....oh

Arminvanbuuren do you belive those pics? or maybe go today tomorrow whatever to ad and check again

post-2322-1185237320_thumb.jpg

Edited by k2222

Brecelet of Ebay seller watch.... Now please show me gen brecelet with same hole....oh

Arminvanbuuren do you belive those pics? or maybe go today tomorrow whatever to ad and check again

He has sold three watches previously.

He has a Planet Ocean w/ $1 NR.

Is that not risky if it were indeed a gen?

Guest carlsbadrolex

Two things immediately jump out at me. First, his other current auctions are for horribly fake coach purses. My wife currently owns 11 genuine coach purses and I called her in to take a look at those pics. She almost vomited!

Secondly, if he had actually sold the watch for $2500 BUY IT NOW outside of Ebay, wouldnt he be suspended? And wouldnt the person who had the winning bid for $760 have some recourse against the seller? If the high bidder was in fact the person who offered $2500, it would still be a blatant case of fee avoidance.

In any event, I think the pics are purposely "fuzzy" And unless I am missing it, he never claims its genuine!

South AZ. is only a three hour drive from me... It might be worth the trip!

He emailed me, and claimed that this watch is genuine, - f...n scam, and ebay like allways don't care about that, they just want to have % from that sale. There is a number of stupid people who belive it's a real deal, i mean cmon how You can spend $$$ buying watch via ebay????? no box no papers?

This is fake bracelet, same thing on every iwc bracelet - Ingie, gst etc. same thing on his bracelet....just look closer....

The flaw "hole" that you can't see in pic number three is where the springbar attaches the two halves of the bracelet. I'm pretty sure the gen bracelet has the same hole, otherwise you wouldn't be able to take the clasp apart. I didn't look for that on the Aquatimer when I looked at the AD.

Show me a clear pic of the gen bracelet missing the hole. If it's missing on the gen, I'll weld mine up.

Edited by Amplitude

The hole is on the clasp, but shouldn't be there. That's gen clasp.

Aha.

Guess I have to break out the welder.

That hole is there on some IWC models, I worked on an IWC (Porsche Design) titanium quartz today that had the springbar hole. The tube must be partially cut to allow access on that clasp.

Whatever, the tubes on the hands of the gen 3717 are made of brass. Thank you, I am done here.

agreed.. again i went to the AD stared at it for a LONG TIME.. went in and ask for it (my ex-gf works there) and i asked her if i could compare it.. so yeh... I SWEAR IT WAS BRASS.. wasn't even silver.. it was brass colour :S.. as to the holes.. he's right.. theres no holes on the clasp.. but thats not wat we were arguing about right? we were just talking about the pinions? i mean as for bracelet.. i don't really care.. im changing mine to leather anyway