When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what would cause my watch to stop working while I am wearing it?

strattao

I have the Ultimate PO, and I am curious why my watch would stop on me while I am wearing it? When the watch is wound and sitting on my shelf, I can usually get a full rundown on the power reserve (at least 24 hours), but the watch will stop frequently while I am wearing it. I don't do anything drastic like run around or anything, usually just sit at my desk. I thought it was damaged and sent it back to the dealer, and they had their watchmaker take a look at it and said everything looked fine so they sent it back. I'm just curious what would cause that to happen to my watch while I am wearing it.

Has anyone else run into the same issue?

Thanks!

I have the Ultimate PO, and I am curious why my watch would stop on me while I am wearing it? When the watch is wound and sitting on my shelf, I can usually get a full rundown on the power reserve (at least 24 hours), but the watch will stop frequently while I am wearing it. I don't do anything drastic like run around or anything, usually just sit at my desk. I thought it was damaged and sent it back to the dealer, and they had their watchmaker take a look at it and said everything looked fine so they sent it back. I'm just curious what would cause that to happen to my watch while I am wearing it.

Thanks!

It could be a ton of things. Debris in the case that finds it's way into the movement while you move around, a missing cap jewel, hands running into each other or a marker...etc.

Take it to a local watchmaker or send it to one of the board guys.

It could be a ton of things. Debris in the case that finds it's way into the movement while you move around, a missing cap jewel, hands running into each other or a marker...etc.

Take it to a local watchmaker or send it to one of the board guys.

Yeah, I had hoped that when I sent it back to the dealer that if there was a problem that they would have found it...

Yeah, I had hoped that when I sent it back to the dealer that if there was a problem that they would have found it...

Hi, I had the same problem with my UPO so I just opened and realize that the antimagnetic cover wasnt in the right place, so it was easy actyally you should try that. hope you can fix yours.

Hi, I had the same problem with my UPO so I just opened and realize that the antimagnetic cover wasnt in the right place, so it was easy actyally you should try that. hope you can fix yours.

On my UPO lite.. the movement clamps and screws had worked loose and gotten into the movement... it worked fine at certain angles... but at other angles ran really slow or just stopped... was an easy fix.

I like the A-mag cover idea... sounds plausable and missable.

Failing the obvious... if you have the ETA version... get it serviced. If you have the Lite... but an ETA movment and Gen hands and swap.

Thanks!

My UPO goes for about 2.5 days on full wind. You should probably get it checked out by your watch smith.

My UPO goes for about 2.5 days on full wind. You should probably get it checked out by your watch smith.

hi i have an upo too and every 24 to 30 hours it stops.

i had the 42" po 4th previously and never stopped.

i would like to ask how much should i wind it up till get a full wind?

doesn't it recharge by itself from handshaking when you wear it? <_<

• 2 weeks later...
I'm guessing you all have the "eta copy." I have one two and I have ordered two from the same dealer. Both have a problem with the rotor connection. It wont auto wind and it will stop.

Following the guidlines, I'm pretty sure it isn't an ETA copy that my watch is, I'll double-check again though.

I took the caseback off thinking it might have had something to do with the anti-magnetic cover. It has been running fine for almost 2 weeks now, but I just noticed that it had stopped on me about 20 min ago. Anyhow, what is weird is that I can move it around a bit and it won't start back up, but the second that I unscrew the crown to reset the time, the second hand starts moving again.