When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Visited Bozeman Watch Company while on vacation

section8

My wife is originally from Montana, so while we on our way from Yellowstone to Great Falls, we stopped in Bozeman. The store is very nicely done, lots of wood, high ceilings and beautiful displays for the all the watches. They had 2 prototypes out on display, the upcoming Cutthroat 42mm GMT, and a 45mm black face Sidewinder (current Sidewinder is whiteface). The 45mm had just come back from a magazine photoshoot actually, so check Watch Time or In Sync mags and you'll see the watch i tried on.

They've even just released a new women's watch that my wife loved too, very simple and understated, but very dressy as well. They aren't top dollar watches, but they aren't exactly cheap either, and because of their low production numbers on each watch, the price actually goes up as they get near the end of each run. The salesman told me they usually start each new release around $3900US. Some range up to $5200US

The Company is only about 19months old apparently, and they are already working on their own in house movement, but the salesman told me it takes around 24 months of development to complete. I think i'm going to start saving now and pick up whatever they put it in when it comes out. As a side note, all their watches currently use house reworked ETA movements.

Sorry no pics, I didn't have my camera with me at the time, but you can see all their offerings at the website:

http://www.bozemanwatch.com

If any of you are in the Bozeman Montana area, check them out, the watches are gorgeous, and the staff very friendly and knowledgeable - the guy didn't mind at all that I told him i was just looking and treated me as if I was going to buy right then.

And I know someone will ask...I was wearing my so called perfect LV Sub from Paul.

• 3 weeks later...

A lot of money from Hollywood stars to captains of industry has moved into Montana over the last five to ten years. This company is definitely going after the Ralph Lauren-Polo type of crowd that wants to be rustic as well as fashionable. I liked one of the descriptions for a watch that would be appropriate for everything from a rodeo to the opera.

Next time I am in Montana I might make a side-trip to visit them.

Nice watches but at their offered prices, they have a lot of competition from established makes. Jaeger plus others come to mind.

I think there is a bit of reverse snobbery going on. It's an interesting idea to have a high end watch from Bozeman, MT compete dollar for dollar with those from places like Geneva and Schaffhausen, Switzerland.

Interesting that the bottom of their dials are marked "Swiss Movt". I would have thought made in the USA may have been more appropriate. :whistling:

I guess reverse snobbery does have its limits.

I am not taking that laying down. I clicked on that puppy earlier and nothing happened. :lol: By the way, nice watches. :thumbsupsmileyanim: That is the good news. But did you notice that if you buy a watch and return it within 5 days there is a 30% restocking fee. :bangin: They make our rep dealers look good.

I fixed it after your post :o

Nice watches but at their offered pries, they have a lot of competition from established makes. Jaeger plus others come to mind.

Interesting that the bottom of their dials are marked "Swiss Movt". I would have thought made in the USA may have been more appropriate. :whistling:

Yeah, I love the watches but even knowing that a part of the sale goes to charity, it's kind of a steep price to pay for an ETA movement based watch. That's why I'm going to wait for them to finish their in-house movement.

LOL, this company is a joke. Thousands of dollars for basic steel watches with quartz movements. These things are worth a few hundred dollars tops. Total rip off outfit IMO no better than Montres Allison. You'd have to be a moron to buy anything from these jokers.

Edited by Spoooooonz

LOL, this company is a joke. Thousands of dollars for basic steel watches with quartz movements. These things are worth a few hundred dollars tops. Total rip off outfit IMO no better than Montres Allison. You'd have to be a moron to buy anything from these jokers.

Tell us how you really feel Spooonz - nice friendly post -_-

I missed the quartz movements. Every watch I looked at said automatic. And almost all of the watches that we buy reps of are "basic steel." I'm not trying to dispute your argument, but I'd like to see more of your evidence.

I saw Automatic movements and, as for the steel, I guess Patek, IWC, Panerai, are rip-off's too?

I don't mock them because there new kids on the block. Remember, Frank Mueller was a new kid on the block not long ago. I could name more, but........like Panerai, all over priced, yet they did make it.

Difference being that FM et al used ETA's as base calibers and then did a lot of work on them. These things are more like cartier watches only more expensive and with zero name recognition. These things at best have basic ETA movements in them. This guy...

http://www.christopherward.co.uk/

...does much the same only his prices are more in tune with reality.

Difference being that FM et al used ETA's as base calibers and then did a lot of work on them. These things are more like cartier watches only more expensive and with zero name recognition. These things at best have basic ETA movements in them. This guy...

http://www.christopherward.co.uk/

...does much the same only his prices are more in tune with reality.

More expensive than Cartier? I'd have to do some research but those watches ain't exactly cheap either. THis company is about 19 months old. I'm not a businessman or a watchmaker, but I imagine you can't just start a watch company, immediately have in house movements, and world circling name recognition.

The watches all have ETA Automatic movements. I've looked all the models in person and they are all high quality watches. True, they may be a bit pricey but apparently they are selling because the prices of the watches actually go up as their stock decreases and people are still buying them. Not to mention part of that cost goes to charity. Does christopher ward donate his profits to charity?

If you don't like them, fine - i'm not the fashion police - but I'd like to think that you'd actually take the time to look at the watches and actually read the website before trashing them with a blanket statement.