When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chrono not working on 7750 Asian

pv007

I had to change the tilting pinion (oscillated pinion) as it was broken. (as well as a new rotor, new bridge)

So I had to remove the "automatic device bridge jeweled" replace the pinion.

Not everything is correctly fixed.

The watch work correctly but the chrono is dead... maybe I missed something when I re-assemble the watch

The movement is a 7750 Asian

I checked a second time all the wheel are in as well as spring, clutch,...

Could you helllllllllp me ;)

Thanks guys !

I've noticed on the 7750s if the movement isn't situated perfectly--even off by 1/2 mm, the pushers won't engage the chrono properly. Have you popped the caseback with the movement screwed in place and running, to make sure the pushers are moving the parts as far as they're supposed to?

yes the pushers do their job correctly but nothing happens.

Maybe it's due to the tilting pinion which suppose to be really correctly fitted thanks to small screw which moves the chronograph cam clutch (which hold the pinion)

Have you checked that the tilting pinion is moving over and engaging into the center seconds wheel.

Is the 12 hour subdial working when the chrono is turned on, and is the problem only the center seconds not working?

Is the tilting lever spring correctly installed in place?

There are many parts and pieces that make up the chrono section, without knowing your skills or what you did or did not do, etc, it's almost impossible to tell what the problem is from here... If your capable of installing the parts, you should be also capable of testing each section as you install it, to see if it's working correctly...and fixing the parts that are not working.

RG

Thanks Master The Zigmeister helping me ! :)

I tell you what, I've just remove the first part of the watch to replace the tilting pinion which mean

- Rotor

- Bridge plate

- 2 wheels

- Chrono Clutch (which hold the pinion) and small clutch spring and of course the pinion

- The Hammer and the big hammer spring

For the rest:

Full chrono not working which mean 12 hours subdial and also center second

The tilting lever spring (which I think is the clutch spring which is on the Chrono clutch which hold the tilting pinion ) is correctly places as stated by 7750 instruction

I supposed that it is probably as you said the tilting pinion which is not engaging into the center wheel (Chrono wheel)

I know that we can correct it thanks to the small screw (where the spring is hold) which moves the Clutch and thus the pinion...

Hope it's that otherwise I don't know lol... maybe the hammer does not correctly do its job....

I also know how to test each part, however I don't know how to test if the pinion work or not as I have to place the bridge on if I want to fix all these piece on the movement and I cannot see if it's correctly engaging.

The only way is to start the chrono.