When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Funny Ticking Noise (6497) Fiddy

fendushi

I've just received a Fiddy from one of the dealers here...

I put the watch to my ear to listened to the movement... it's making a funny ticking noise on the front of the watch.,.. JUST THE FRONT!! When I listened to the back.... beautiful (tick tick, tick tick) like a normal 6497 movement, just like the my other 4 pannys. On the front, I can still hear the normal ticking noise... plus a deeper (clack clack, clack clack)... almost like an echo of the normal ticking noise.

I've had 3 Fiddys in my hands and I listened to all of them... the other 2 did not make the extra noises. The funny thing is, I can only hear it from just the front of the watch... not the sides or back... ONLY THE FRONT.

On the plus side... the watch is working beautifully. I've worn it for 12 hours and it's keeping very good time. I've even timed the seconds hand and it's accurate to the second.

What's causing the noise? Should I be worried? I need your expert advise. :unsure:

Update:

Upon further inspection... it seems like the noise turns up when the watch front is facing up, I can hear the noise from the back when the watch is in this position. As soon as I placed the watch upside down... the noise dissappears.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Edited by fendushi

• 7 months later...