When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daylight with some Trimmins!

TK471

He means genuine crown guard. :victory: R- Beautiful watch. Between the Ar coat, the datewheel and new dial I can only imagine how long this one tool. Well worth it though. :thumbsupsmileyanim: Wear it well and proud. I am probably six weeks behind awaiting the crystal from Chieftang's run. I was curious - did you throw on a coat of flat lacquer on the dial? Looking at my dial it looks much shinier and incorrect.

Oh yeah, I am the witness. :)

Well, the pictures seem to have gone POOF, so I have uploaded them directly.

post-2862-1185535416_thumb.jpgpost-2862-1185535431_thumb.jpgpost-2862-1185535441_thumb.jpg[a

ttachment=14558:DL4.JPG]

Kruzer, the dial was not laquered -- but it doesn't look shiny to me at all through that crystal. Comparing the old dial to the new, well, there simply is NO comparison. On the old dial, the fonts are wrong, the spacing is wrong, the numbers are wrong, the subdials are wrong. Everything is wrong. They may have gotten the case right, but that's it.

I went round and round on the OEM crown for this because the CG lever had been shaved to fit the Lello crown. I finally decided just to leave the Lello and use the OEM for something else. I think it was the right decision. The CG on this is, well, genuine, so it more than makes up for the crown, which looks pretty good I think. Kruzer, do you agree?

Guys, if you have the old style case with the old dial, please do yourselves a favor and get the new dial. There are those of us on the boards that can point you in the right direction.

post-2862-1185535448_thumb.jpg

I asked about the dial because I have one I am about to install and it looks way too shiny sitting on its own. Under your crystal it looks much better. I may still have Ziggy apply the matte lacquer as it seems to make the recessed sub-dials seem more pronounced which is closer to the gen. I did it on the original and my Panda and it was an improvement. I agree with your decision to keep the Lello. It looks like a second generation of his. I actually prefer the 2.0 Palp when you can get them or the Homer but no way should you monkey around any further with that CG. :)

The old 7750 has the same flaws as the old 7753.

Here, I can spot that the numbers are too thin, the fonts are too small, the dial is too shiny, the subdials don't have the little rings in them (like a circular pattern). Did The Zigmeister paint your subdial hands black?