When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

thicker TI crown .. source?

lanikai

Just thought i would throw this out :whistling: ... anyone know where or who would have available thicker crowns for the 036 TI ... the 177 i got a while back has the embarrrrraaassingly thinnn crown.... i am seeking the thicker 2 mm would be fine 2.1 mm would be outstanding :victory: .. but beggars cannot be choosers so i will take anything that is thicker than what i have on B)

thank you

Lanikai

Edited by lanikai

The palp crowns aren't even titanium. They're blasted steel. The look is pretty good nevertheless.

thanks CT ... I don't think they would mach the TI case ... I went over the metal with a old plating machine i have ... to make it gray like pewter ... more like the genuine .. so it is a darker colour now and the steel would stick out.. Joshua has the thicker crown on his 036 but i doubt i can get parts from him .. and i have been advised that DSN ti crowns leaves a bit to be desired .. they still look better than the tricycle wheel look of the thin crowns though ...

The palp crowns aren't even titanium. They're blasted steel. The look is pretty good nevertheless.

Just thought i would throw this out :whistling: ... anyone know where or who would have available thicker crowns for the 036 TI ... the 177 i got a while back has the embarrrrraaassingly thinnn crown.... i am seeking the thicker 2 mm would be fine 2.1 mm would be outstanding :victory: .. but beggars cannot be choosers so i will take anything that is thicker than what i have on B)

thank you

Lanikai

Ruby recently had some when she was having all those 036's built. The factory just ran out of 036 builds in the last week or so. I found out the hard way! She was also building 176's with the same thick crown on special order. They may still have Ti crowns. Like myself, you may have just missed the boat in the last week or so.

Ruby recently had some when she was having all those 036's built. The factory just ran out of 036 builds in the last week or so. I found out the hard way! She was also building 176's with the same thick crown on special order. They may still have Ti crowns. Like myself, you may have just missed the boat in the last week or so.

Yupsee, the so called Ruby's PAM036 MM is all gone now...no more. I've been telling people who were sitting on the fence for so long to get one while still available, had received 2 PMs in the last week from mates banging their heads now... :black_eye:

For approx $200 - it was a heck of a rep !!! They were selling on 'ioffer.com' for up to $500 recently :)

Who knows, Joshua may have one or two more available.

Edited by babola