When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Loose clasp on PAM212 Flyback

pwygant

Greetings,

I have had a wonderful Panerai flyback for about 3 months now and I have noticed the clasp that holds down the crown is a little loose. I don't think it's a real big deal since the wrist pushes it back but after wearing my new Daylight for the first time today this clasp is tight and snaps very snug onto the crown making it "feel very tight" and perfect.

I got the two PAM's from different dealers and I understand quality and build is probably different but shouldn't there be an easy way to fix this clasp? I was thinking there should be a way to "bend" it but to do that I would probably remove it first and this poses another problem as i don't understand the pins holding this stuff down? No real "give" or spings in these pins.

Ideas?

Guest overboosted

Is your crown guard still nice and tight? I had one loosen up a bit and made the lever loose. There is a fix for the lever, also. Not an easy one. Involves finding a rubber sleeve to fit over the pin so it has more friction.

Also someone on ebay sells crown/crownguard kits that I hear are really nice.

Make sure that the two screws holding the crown guard in place are screwed in tightly. If that doesn't make it feel better, remove the crown guard and carefully grind a little off the crown guard where it touches the watch. This will move the lever closer to the crown and give it a tighter fit. Go slow and don't take off too much. I now use a dremel tool to do this, but it's probably safer to simply put a piece of sandpaper on the edge of your table and run the feet over that a few times.

Make sure that the two screws holding the crown guard in place are screwed in tightly. If that doesn't make it feel better, remove the crown guard and carefully grind a little off the crown guard where it touches the watch. This will move the lever closer to the crown and give it a tighter fit. Go slow and don't take off too much. I now use a dremel tool to do this, but it's probably safer to simply put a piece of sandpaper on the edge of your table and run the feet over that a few times.

Thanks for the tip. I grinded off a little bit of the guard and now if I push the clasp toward the crown and just hold it on without inserting the screws, it is tight as hell. However, now it seems that the screws are a little bit too long and just doesn't screw down all the way. I took off a very small amount and it should be perfect but now i am almost looking for some way to add a plastic nut inside the crown to hold it tight and allow for the screws to be tightened even harder. Are the two screws different sizes and does each screw go inside its own hole?

Ideas?

Ahhh... For some reason the top screw is not screwing down correctly. Can I find another one of these at the local Home Depot or where do i find one? Can I somehow re-thread the one I have?

//Cheers!