When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2892 probs

Bazz

Hey Rob,

My 007 bond omega started having problems setting the hands where it got to the point they would not set at all. I pulled it apart and it seems a post has come off the main plate.

Here is the movement

43388-37766.jpg

close up of the hole

43388-37767.jpg

and the gear with the post still in in it.

43388-37768.jpg

What happens now is that when you go to set the hands the gear moves back and disengages as the post wont hold it in place.

I have stripped and cleaned movements but have never had a post come out of the main plate before so thought I would check in first. Could it be pressed back or do I have to get another main plate?

I can't imagine why the post would come out, and stay in the gear, that is a first for me. Any water damage visible on the post or the gear.

If it was me, I would remove post from gear, and use structural epoxy to secure the post back into the movement. A new mainplate is probably as expensive as a new movement, so probably not worth replacing due to the cost.

If it came out, I dont' think it will stay in place with pressing alone, something else is needed to hold it down...

Let me know how it goes and if you have any success, if not, maybe I can help on my end...

RG

Hey Rob,

The post is not stuck to the gear its just the way I photographed it, sorry I didnt explain that very well. I just didnt want to try and force the post in as I am sure you know they are very small and easily damaged and wondered best way to get one back in?

I will have a look over the weekend and let you know how I go.