When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

asian vs. swiss

time147

hi all again, ok ---obviously swiss is the superior but what are the advantages and dis. of the two compared when buying from a dealer if the watch has to be modded ----i see the price diff. from the dealers- but maybe someone elses imput will help me/ clear the fuzz...thanx

Alot of the movements can be advertised as swiss when they are actualy asian (talking about 6498s now) I used to be an ETA swiss snob but now less so. I think for the price of Asians weighs well in their favour.

Alot of the movements can be advertised as swiss when they are actualy asian (talking about 6498s now) I used to be an ETA swiss snob but now less so. I think for the price of Asians weighs well in their favour.

example....hmmm,m i was on a site looking at prices, it was a dealer and i forgot which 1, , anyway they had pn11201 pn11202 1 asian 1 swiss, $80 diff between the 2, that is where i came up with the question....like i said they both actually could use modding right....so is there a big diff. to start with.....whewww.lol :)

I think davidsen has all of his asians modded with the higher canon pin from the start but his asian price is not a lot different from the swiss and from the pics alown i could not tell witch was witch??????

Ziggy said a while ago that he has not seen one problem with an asain 6497 yet, so at this point i see no reason to buy the swiss that was proberbly made in china any way as log as the asian had the finish and function i wanted.