When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 112g or 2A project

ravishingrick

Hi Guys,

Been busy the last few months sourcing and building a PAM from aftermarket an rep parts.

See the results up until now.

Parts:

jimmy case

jimmy bezel

jimmy caseback

jimmy cg

palp crown

3.5mm genuine sapphire crystal.

standard rep 112g dial (to be relumed)

Also have a high cannon pinion that I have flattened a polished the top off the cannon pinion to make it look more like the gens.

Going to put a standard undecorated swiss ETA 6497-1 movement in it.

post-406-1186944270_thumb.jpgpost-406-1186944334_thumb.jpgpost-406-1186944292_thumb.jpgpost-406-1186944312_thumb.jpgpost-406-1186944356_thumb.jpg[

attacment=14860:f6c9_1.JPG]

Anyway the dial is off for reluming soon, I initially wanted to make a PAM002A and have the dial and hands tritium look lumed, but I am in doubt now. I am not sure to build a PAM 2A or an PAM 112g. I really love the tritium look of the PAM 2A, but can't find a decent T SWISS T dial. If I have the dial relumed with tritium look the L SWISS L would be an obvious flaw.

The other choice is to have the dial relumed with luminova and create an acurate but less desirable 112g.

Should I go for a more exclusive but flawed 2A or go for the common but more accurate 112g?

post-406-1186944641_thumb.jpgpost-406-1186944650_thumb.jpg

PS: I am looking for the following parts to complete :

- Movement clamps and movement (clamp) screws for ETA 6497-1

- Beveled gears for ETA 6497-1

If you have any of these parts laying around and want to part with them please let me know!

Hiya Rick,

well as a Luminor nut...here's few quick thoughts.

If I were you, I wouldn't do either :)...I'd actually build a 002B-L.

2B is one of Panerai's 'transitional' models, with first few hundred of the B-series being made with Tritium 'T Swiss T' dials, and the rest with Luminova 'L Swiss L' dials.

Considering all the kit you already own, 2B-L would be IMO a perfect fit (bar aged dial), base L Swiss dial, polished CG, Sapphire xtal without A/R, and the B-series solid S/S caseback which is easy to find these days. In this case, I'd send the dial to The Zigmeister for another re-lume, this time in C3/C1 mix (close to 2/3-C3 and 1/3-C1). He's done one of sausage dials of mine in this mix and it simply rocks, yellow-ish color is still dominantm but diluted with a hint of white, and glows like a torch.

If you decide to keep the Base "tritium-look" dial as is, and go for 2A or 2B-T (both actualy come with T-dials), I'd still send the dial to The Zigmeister to "fix" the letter 'L' into a 'T' under 6 o'clock. He's done this for another forumer here on his 029 dial, just check with him first, of course :).

112G wouldn't be a good choice IMO, simply because it comes with a display back (and you don't exactly have a OPXI G-series mov't to show :)) and the crown is thicker and brushed.

02B-L would be my favourite choice for another reason - when strapped to your wrist - it is 002B, 112E and 112F at the same time - all in the one watch !!!

Happy modding !

cheers,

babola

Edited by babola