When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Yachtmaster Trouble! Be Careful!

Corgi

Hi,

Today my father was walking down the street when he heard a gentle "plunk" below him. Thinking he had lost a key, he looked down only to notice a small metal ring on the ground. His vision poor, he assumed the item was a key ring that fell from his dangly keychain. Upon closer inspection, it was the bezel ring of his less than one year old YM rep!

Luckily he spotted the undamaged part and is planning to carefully superglue it back on... that will keep it safe from budging! But I, as the owner of a new TT sub rep that cost roughly $400, am extremely worried to lose mine!

Can anyone comment on the general quality and robustness of the glued bezel ring in Josh's TT sub in relation to the YM? Is there anything I can do to prevent the piece falling off in the future and creating an embarrassing moment? Has this ever happened to you? Are dealers keen on replacing these obviously defective items? (I am talking about the blue ring, not the entire bezel itself... just the little piece on top with the numerals...)

And to those of you with SS Yachtmasters from the mega-dealers: BE CAREFUL!

Best regards,

Corgi.

I have an old sub that I couldn't get the bezel off of for the life of me. I wanted to change it since it got nicked, but I only put more scratches on it. I had one of the newer ones with the 3 piece end links and the bezel insert came right out. May be a good idea to remove it and superglue it back in. I haven't had a problem with my yachtmaster however.

It isn't the bezel that is defective, it's the person that applied the adhesive that is a fault. The bezel fell off my rolesium Yacht Master within a few hours of it's arrival. Practically every sub that I own (five) has lost a bezel or pearl. It is a common problem with reps that is easily solved with a few dabs of glue.

QC isn't part of the equation as far as the manufacture of replicas is concerned. :(