When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Super Avenger--overview & pics!

italiano17771

after a long 2 week wait my super avenger is finally here. this by no means is a detailed review, but since i found ABSOLUTELY nothing on any of the forums about this watch i thought i would share a bit...

first of all, since there is absolutely no AR i wanted to get the white face (less glare with a white dial), but after i ordered i found out that the white face was no longer available. i really wanted this watch so i went ahead and got the blue face. in doing my search for some type of review of this watch i didnt find too much, but what i did see was that alot of people thought that the ss chrono avenger was the super avenger. this is not true. the ss chrono avenger, which is a fantasy watch is 44 mm wide and the super avenger is a monstrous 48.4 mm wide with a thickness of just under 19mm. this is a beast of a watch.

**movement- old asian 7750 with 21k bph. this is certainly one of the things that worries me, but for the price of this watch i though i would roll the dice. the second hand at 9 sweeps smoothly and is keeping accurate time so far.

**crystal- said to be sapphire...i personally can't tell any difference, but what i can tell is the lack of AR. after having a couple watches with great AR this is one of the things that bothers me the most.

**size- 48.4 mm wide and 18-19mm thick. this is by far the biggest watch i have ever seen in person. the thickness really adds to the size.

**bracelet- nothing like the BCE...i would compare it to the quality of a navitimer, but i love the look of the bracelet. it is polished with the center link brushed. very sharp look and adds size to the watch since the center link is slightly raised...not that this one needs it.

**overall for the price its great. i would give it a C+ but due to the price i think it deserves a B-. if you like big, chunky watches this one is for you. i personally love breitlings and big watches so this just seemed to be perfect for me.

++++FLAWS++++

1) pearl. of course the pearl is not correct, but it really is not that bad...one of the better ones ive seen.

2) "4" on the 45 marker of the bezel is closed. the 4 is suppose to be open as you will see in the pics.

3) clasp should be polished, but is brushed. nothing a little elbow grease and a cape cod cloth cant fix.

4) NO AR. again...no ar on a breitling. bends me the wrong way, but hell it cost about 6-7% of the real one.

5) Date font. like 99% of the reps of course the date font is wrong. mine is also a little un-centered. i can live with it.

6) i dont know...im doing this kinda quick and im sure there are more, but lets get to the pics!!!

***OH YEAH...THE BLUE IS DIFFERENT THEN ON THE GEN.

===Celebrities that wear this watch-- a couple i know of are Ami James of the show "Miami Ink" and also Criss Angel....the magic guy. pretty cool show if you never saw it.

COMPARISON WITH THE GEN

299169-3567.jpg299169-3568.jpg

299169-3569.jpg299169-3570.jpg

299169-3571.jpg

299169-3572.jpg

299169-3573.jpg

299169-3574.jpg

299169-3575.jpg

299169-3576.jpg

299169-3577.jpg

299169-3578.jpg

299169-3579.jpg

299169-3580.jpg

299169-3581.jpg

SIZE COMPARISON****

299169-3582.jpg

299169-3583.jpg

299169-3584.jpg

299169-3585.jpg

299169-3586.jpg

I bought this watch a little over a year ago. It gets A LOT of attention. People stare, friends make comments, kids eyeball it and whisper to each other. The lack of AR really sucks on this. Funny, I ordered the white one and the guy I got it from said they were only going to make blue and black at the time (don't know if that changed). Apparently I was lucky to get it back then 'cause some dolt decided to make a thousand of these with the wrong dial (the one from the BCE).

Looks great on the leather, by the way. Enjoy!

Looks great on the leather, by the way. Enjoy!

thanks my friend. i agree trying to find something accurate was quite a challenge. checking the dealers websites didnt help at all since they all had a watch that wasnt even a super avenger. the lack of ar wouldnt be that bad if i had the white dial. usually a white dial doesnt show off glares as much as a darker dial. after i paid was when i found out the bad news. oh well, i still like it. ever get tired of your white dial let me know. :D

thanks my friend. i agree trying to find something accurate was quite a challenge. checking the dealers websites didnt help at all since they all had a watch that wasnt even a super avenger. the lack of ar wouldnt be that bad if i had the white dial. usually a white dial doesnt show off glares as much as a darker dial. after i paid was when i found out the bad news. oh well, i still like it. ever get tired of your white dial let me know. :D

That's what I mean, I ordered the white one, but instead was sent the crappy one the dealers here have (the dial looks like a BCE, with the wrong subdials and print), I sent it back freaking on the guy and he told me they only had black and blue and that white was never made, so I took the white one. I paid almost $400 for mine, but nobody had it back then. Even though it's not the most accurate rep. I think you got an awesome deal.

299275-3502.jpg

This is mine. I left it on the bracelet 'cause of its pure bling factor.

could you please tell me how is your bezel. is it very loose, or tight? because i bought one a year ago and sent it back because of the loose bezel. so if it is tight, i think i will by another one. i love the blue dial, i prefer the blue of the rep, than the blue of the gen.

surprisingly it was not bad at all. before i bought the watch i had to PM a bunch of members who had the watch and some of them did complain about the loose bezel, although mine was not that bad. not nearly as good as my BCE's, but it wasnt too bad.