When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Carrera GMT - no great reps

World Traveller

My favorite Tag Heuer is the Carrera GMT. It has the classic style that I love. I was hoping to find a great Replica of it but it looks like the cloners have too many details off, most obvious the date wheel is the wrong color and they don't look as sharp as the Genuine one. Has anyone here ordered a rep Carrera GMT or non chrono?

I've attached some good shots of the Genuine in both white and black. I love both so much I have seriously considered buying both in Genuine and this is from someone who has never spent over 350 on a watch. Instead I'm going to order the Aquaracer Rep for now to sate my Tag needs.

I just got into the hobby and after weeks of reading this is my first post...this forum is wonderful :D , I have enjoyed especially the photos by the reviewers like By-Tor. My first orders were placed just recently of an Explorer II white face and a Tag Aquaracer rep. What convinced me most of all to get the reps was that a friend at work just bought a very nice Oris (over $1K) and within a week he dented the stainless steel and was upset. Oris was the watch I was going to buy as it seemed the most affordable of the high quality automatic watches. Now if i dent one of my replicas I don't have to be upset and I can get 4 or 5 of them for the price of that one Oris. Hopefully they are long lasting.

Any opinions on the Carrera GMT? I was thinking maybe I should get the Carrera Chronograph since that seems to be a superb replica, but I really like the classic and clean lines of the non Chrono Carreras.

post-7635-1187466263_thumb.jpg

post-7635-1187467019_thumb.jpg

My favorite Tag Heuer is the Carrera GMT. It has the classic style that I love. I was hoping to find a great Replica of it but it looks like the cloners have too many details off, most obvious the date wheel is the wrong color and they don't look as sharp as the Genuine one. Has anyone here ordered a rep Carrera GMT or non chrono?

I've attached some good shots of the Genuine in both white and black. I love both so much I have seriously considered buying both in Genuine and this is from someone who has never spent over 350 on a watch. Instead I'm going to order the Aquaracer Rep for now to sate my Tag needs.

I just got into the hobby and after weeks of reading this is my first post...this forum is wonderful :D , I have enjoyed especially the photos by the reviewers like By-Tor. My first orders were placed just recently of an Explorer II white face and a Tag Aquaracer rep. What convinced me most of all to get the reps was that a friend at work just bought a very nice Oris (over $1K) and within a week he dented the stainless steel and was upset. Oris was the watch I was going to buy as it seemed the most affordable of the high quality automatic watches. Now if i dent one of my replicas I don't have to be upset and I can get 4 or 5 of them for the price of that one Oris. Hopefully they are long lasting.

Any opinions on the Carrera GMT? I was thinking maybe I should get the Carrera Chronograph since that seems to be a superb replica, but I really like the classic and clean lines of the non Chrono Carreras.

I've found a rep of the carrera (non GMT) with the black date dial (wich one of the most important flaw i think...)

in the following site : www.cclv.net

I 've ask the website if the GMT exist with the black date dial.

They told me yes it exist (the same price).

To be checked...but if it's the case can be a good news !

Edited by slayerman

• 1 month later...