When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chronomat Evo sub dials match graphite color now

alanytical

Just got a graphite colored Chronomat Evolution Ultimate and to my surprise, they fixed the subdial colors to match the dial! Fantastic. It looks just like the 742 now. However, I looked closer and found some QC issues. There are lint strings attached to 3 of the hour markers (one is very noticeable), the applied wings emblem is off center to the right, and there's a tiny dot on the dial that looks like it may be an oil mist drop. These flaws give it away easily (well, besides the bad date font of course). I contacted my vendor to see what can be done to remedy this, and am waiting to see if it can be replaced. Too bad, because it was so close to being perfect...

A thought came to me. How hard would it be to have a pro like ones mentioned on the forums, take it all apart to tweezer the lint off, rub the oil drop clean, and could the applied wings emblem be ever so carefully removed and reapplied correctly centered? Has anyone heard of or tried a fix project like I just mentioned?