When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pics of gen VC Overseas

ahchard

The best version is the 42mm that is shared by many of the dealers. The big flaw on that model is the cross.

The correct cross can be sourced from the old model. I got my replacement cross by ordering the old dial from Silix.

So have you tried your hand at doing the cross transplant yet?

AR should be pretty easy to notice. On the gen PO for example, it makes the crystal sort of disappear - as if there is no crystal between you and the dial because any reflections from the bright store lights are muted. It's really very cool, and IMO obvious if it's there.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So have you tried your hand at doing the cross transplant yet?

AR should be pretty easy to notice. On the gen PO for example, it makes the crystal sort of disappear - as if there is no crystal between you and the dial because any reflections from the bright store lights are muted. It's really very cool, and IMO obvious if it's there.

I have seen the gen, but it was not very clear to me. Anyway, I would let Finepics put the AR coating on it... :D By the way, I guess there are different kind of AR coatings. Which one would be appropriate?

Edited by none

I have not done the cross transplant yet as I am just sitting on the old dial without the new version to install it into.

ThomasNg gave me the heads up on the AR coating on the underside of the crystal.

You are correct; there are many different types of AR coating and I am completely ignorant about them :(

I have not done the cross transplant yet as I am just sitting on the old dial without the new version to install it into.

ThomasNg gave me the heads up on the AR coating on the underside of the crystal.

You are correct; there are many different types of AR coating and I am completely ignorant about them :(

ok so which coating should we ask for? or should we trust the artists ha?

Edited by none

Hello! I'm very interesting in the VC overseas, but I'm not sure what is the better:

1º) http://www.wo-mart.com/product_info.php?cP...products_id=732

This model is my favorite for the moment, but the cross ....

2º) http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?main_p...products_id=588

The back of this model is not good, i think.

3º) http://www.silix-prime.com/product.asp?id=1287

Good cross but bad crown.

Can you help me?

There is another better option?

Thanks.

wrong size, wrong clasp. wrong wording in the back. It says "ANT IMAGNETIC"

Correct size, correct back, correct clasp. Yes, cross is off, as mentioned on this thread.

Better version of your item #1 above.

There is another better option?

Get #2 and swap out the dial from #3.

Edited by Glitch

The black might be the safer choice, but I'm hard pressed to see anything really wrong with the replica white dial. See for yourself and notice that the pic of the gen clearly has a camera white balance problem:

Sorry, but can someone explain me what the problem is with the white dial rep? Is it not the right kind of white?

Sorry, but can someone explain me what the problem is with the white dial rep? Is it not the right kind of white?

The white is sort of silvery. It's hard to see the shimmer in pics (as you can tell from the pic of the gen), but nonetheless some people think the white/silver rep dials are not accurate. Other people who have a rep white dial have said that compared to the gen it is very close and that one would need to put them side by side to detect a difference.

wrong size, wrong clasp. wrong wording in the back. It says "ANT IMAGNETIC"

Correct size, correct back, correct clasp. Yes, cross is off, as mentioned on this thread.

Better version of your item #1 above.

Get #2 and swap out the dial from #3.

Thanks for its answers. But I follow confused. Definitively, trustytime have correct size and correct clasp. The back is not good, because I can't see the windows of the boat, for example. And the cross is off.

On the other hand, what is the correct numbers in the back, 47040 or 49150?

thanks againg.

pepe

• 3 weeks later...