When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pics of gen VC Overseas

ahchard

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this watch a good choice for a small wrist ????

It is smaller than a panerai but bigger than a Rolex Submariner... My girlfriend called it the "big watch" before I got a 1950. It stayed the "big watch" and the fiddy became "big ben" or the "flava flav" watch. It really is a beauty though.

Is this watch a good choice for a small wrist ????

well 42mm isnt small. but it is quite thin...

the silix prime version with diamond bezel is a killer too. correct size and the other dial, where only the VC automatic print is not "elevated" enough (cross and date window correct). and the diamonds, of course, are not everyones taste.

the one who could source fitting gen / exact dials would probably get suffocated by orders. but AFAIK, ordering such parts at VC is a even harder than getting soup <_<

Edited by Hok

There's no way I'm gonna put a diamon watch on my wrist, I would definitely look like an idiot with that. I stick to SS rep, and I try to assume my watch addiction despite my small wrist syndrome (not easy these days with all these big watch mania ;-)

Still, I'm quite sure that you guys will bring me into buying my first pam sooner or later... Since everybody is so crazy about those... I really like the 158 and the 163...

I guess I'm gonna visit an AD to see the real deal and decide if my wrist can handle this baby :-)

Cheers

I ordered one from Joshua last night :thumbsupsmileyanim:

It still has a few flaws, but since the chances of my running in to someone who has ever even seen a gen are almost zero I'm excited about this one! Between my white/siver dial FM Conquistador and this one, the 'dress watch' portion of my collection will be complete :victory:

The other version that has the correct clasp (silix-prime, etc) has the correct cross from what I can tell from mine. You could probably pop one off that one if you had it and put it on this one.

I can't really tell the difference in the other correct-clasp one and this one besidese the cross? That one had a screw-down crown, etc as well? Could this be the 2nd iteration of that watch?

That one is off. It had a screw down crown, but it did not recess into the case like the genuine. The bracelet did now have screws on every link, and the bracelet was cut a lot duller than this one.

But seriously, to be honest, I would jsut fix the Maltese cross logo and be done with it. This watch won't be spotted even up close. To prove my point, I'll wear it into VC dealers when I go to Hong Kong and the VC Boutique. I'll bet they won't catch it.

Yep, like I said nice they put the screws in each bracelet link. Thanks for pointing out the crown issue on the old silix, never noticed that. I think I am going to do the same as you and get this one and take the cross off my old one. Hope more pics of the bracelet go up, I'm curious if this one has a more diamond-cut look in person. Wish he was offering an asian version so I could use the old movement.

admin is right that the black dial looks better - at least to me.

Well, I used to have the black dial version for the genuine one and it indeed was a stunner. I had a hard time deciding dial colours at the AD, but I liked the sportier look of the black dial more. I found also the black dial offers a nice contrast to the metal and is a lot more legible than the white dial version, in low light areas because the hands stand out over a black surface, and in areas with lots of reflection as well.

Go for the black dial guys, you won't regret it. :)

I'm going to pop the logo off the silix version and stick it on here if The Zigmeister's gonna do it for me. I just ordered it, and it will go off to him for a relume and servicing. I already have a silix one anyways.

I don't know about you - but I looked at all of VC's on Silix and none of the logos seem correct given the earlier pictures of the real thing. Which one were you looking at?

a really expensive way to fix the Maltese cross problem :huh:

Can a version sporting Jos's case and silix's dial be far behind? I bet someone is trying to get a few made like that as we speak...

• 2 months later...

I recently travelled 5 hours to my closest VC AD to see the new Overseas in person.

Does anyone know if the gen has AR coating? It did not look to have it to me but I am not sure how to tell.

Anyone know if it is coated or how to tell for the next time I see one?

Thank you!

• 1 month later...
As a follow up, the gen VCO does have AR coating on the underside of the crystal inside the case.

Wow, how did you find that out? I also did a search on the internet, but really, I could not find that it does have AR coating on the back of the crystal!

Edited by none