When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Opinions on this Rep

Moffey

Afternoon all! Long time admirer, first time poster here, with all the usual "Newbie" questions im sure!! Having read a lot of your posts and reviews I must firstly say "thanks" for the insight into the world of rep watches. I have been looking to buy a Speedmaster "Moonwatch" replica for a while now and on the advice of these forums have found a few sites that offer varying models. Im quite keen on the glass back model and hoped for some advice foremostly on, 1) Where i can purchase the best example replica of this watch? and 2) Is the watch at this LINK

a particularly good example and what are the obvious flaws as the price seems very reasonable?

I know some of you have been promoters of Andrew's work and I have read a lot of good things about the service he offers, but can anyone also advise if I would be likely to incur any extra charges for having the watch shipped to the UK (over and above his postage charge) I.e. some kind of duty charge.

Sorry for all the questions, but Im sure im in the right place for some quality answers!

Thanks in advance!!

Afternoon all! Long time admirer, first time poster here, with all the usual "Newbie" questions im sure!! Having read a lot of your posts and reviews I must firstly say "thanks" for the insight into the world of rep watches. I have been looking to buy a Speedmaster "Moonwatch" replica for a while now and on the advice of these forums have found a few sites that offer varying models. Im quite keen on the glass back model and hoped for some advice foremostly on, 1) Where i can purchase the best example replica of this watch? and 2) Is the watch at this LINK

a particularly good example and what are the obvious flaws as the price seems very reasonable?

I know some of you have been promoters of Andrew's work and I have read a lot of good things about the service he offers, but can anyone also advise if I would be likely to incur any extra charges for having the watch shipped to the UK (over and above his postage charge) I.e. some kind of duty charge.

Sorry for all the questions, but Im sure im in the right place for some quality answers!

Thanks in advance!!

The version he shows in your link is no longer available. All the dealers show the photos of this one, but if you question them about it, they cannot get it anymore.

It is a shame because this one was more accurate to the full size genuine watch. The version that you can buy at the moment is more like the speedmaster 'reduced' version.

There are dealers in the UK if you are worried about shipping. I have bought from the far east several times in the past and had no unexpected problems using registered airmail, which takes about 10 days.

...Thanks for the input guys. Its a real shame that no one is doing a good acccurate rep of this classic watch, Im sure it would go down a real storm. CegaRazoR, please forgive my ignorance but "Jays site"? Do you have a link to this site please? Also I checked out the link from FxrAndy (...thanks btw) the site looks real nice but can anyone vouch for the quality of the watches provided by this company, if so I could very well be interested!