When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need advice

hiker01

I need some advice!

I accidentally hit the case of my PAM 036 on an iron weight stack just below the glass at 4 o'clock. The scratch is deep, any idea on how I could take it out or at least make it less visible?

I'll try and post some pictures when I get back my Digi Cam from repair!

Thanks!

Argh, on titanium?

Most likely fine sandpaper or dremeling, followed by a brushing pen for titanium. But if the scratch is really deep, then it is likely that the overall bezel shape may result modified, as you need to remove the same depth as the scratch.

A compromise might be in just lightly sandpapering the scratch, so to make its border smoother end therefore less evident, even without removing it completely.

Waiting for the pics.

I need some advice!

I accidentally hit the case of my PAM 036 on an iron weight stack just below the glass at 4 o'clock. The scratch is deep, any idea on how I could take it out or at least make it less visible?

I'll try and post some pictures when I get back my Digi Cam from repair!

Thanks!

OK I just wrote out an entire instruction manual for sanding and polishing, and the window went back to my mail... wiing out my entire message AARRGGHHH ... the most important question is where is the scratch .. metal or crystal?

Too tired to type it all out again.. so i will wait to hear back....

Worse case senario ... buy another case from DSN ... he sell Ti cases by themselves.

Lanikai

Argh, on titanium?

Most likely fine sandpaper or dremeling, followed by a brushing pen for titanium. But if the scratch is really deep, then it is likely that the overall bezel shape may result modified, as you need to remove the same depth as the scratch.

A compromise might be in just lightly sandpapering the scratch, so to make its border smoother end therefore less evident, even without removing it completely.

Waiting for the pics.

Hey sssurfer... I just typed out step by step on how to ... what you just summerized and my window went ZAAAAPPPPP.... right back to hotmail ..... AAARRGGHHH ......ok .... I'm ok now....

mix dish soap with water for the wet sanding .. this allows the paper to slide easier on the metal surface... wrap the sndpaper anornd a wooden disposible chopstick.. the thick wide side and use it like a block sanding.

If it's on the crystal you need to know about polishing... buffing .. so let us know if it is.. the pen sssurfer is refering to can be found at 'watchboys" check out ebay or email kurt directly...

I've put many a deep ding in the bezel of my 118. Periodically, I take them out with a pen eraser, and elbow grease. If the dent is really deep, you may not be able to remove it entirely (without changing the shape of the bezel), but you will be able to blend it, so that it's not so noticeable.

Hey sssurfer... I just typed out step by step on how to ... what you just summerized and my window went ZAAAAPPPPP.... right back to hotmail ..... AAARRGGHHH ......ok .... I'm ok now....

I can understand your pain, lanikai. It also happens to me with my mail server, when I take too much time on typing my message. The program assumes I have gone away and it wants me to re-register, and it also wipes out all what I typed before.

Now I always save my message in the clipboard before clicking on any button.

...But thanks for giving details about the procedure!

Guest carlsbadrolex

The scratch has permanently marred your love of the watch. I will send you a self addressed envelope with postage paid. Put the watch in the envelope and drop it off at your local postal station.

You will never again have to worry about the horrible damage you did to your beloved Pam!

I can understand your pain, lanikai. It also happens to me with my mail server, when I take too much time on typing my message. The program assumes I have gone away and it wants me to re-register, and it also wipes out all what I typed before.

Now I always save my message in the clipboard before clicking on any button.

...But thanks for giving details about the procedure!

thanks sssurfer I'll have to remember to do that when i type a long winded note

I confirm my 2nd option: do a fine sandpaper light job and refine with a brushing pen, just to make the scratch less eye-catching.

For what will remain after the job, I agree with Carls and Clive: go live with it, it will add character to the watch, PAMs are watches made to be used.

Finally the picture!

306034-205.jpg

As you could see, the scratch is just below the glass between 4 & 5!

it doesn't look that bad actually... does your finger nail catch in it if you scrap your little finger over it?

get 00 and 000 grit sand paper at the hardware stoe.. (wet sandpaper) ... mix some dish soap with water .. this will allow the sandpaper more ease ..

get a disposable chopstick... use the fat flat end.. take enough sand paper to cover half the sick .... you can also use the round area of the stick also... use the dish water freely soak the sand paper for a while to get it to fit the stick better

take your time use the 00 first then change to the 000 grit... watch boys on ebay sells the brush pen to refinish the area and blend in when your done ..

I would take you step by step with pics.. just got another memory card for my cannon.... but i am going to sleep soon .. so give it a try and good luck PM me if you need to..

maybe next time leave it off while you train.. there are some guy's that wear their rolex at the gym... but these are the "posers".. they don't really train hard... but their wrists look good :p

lanikai

Thanks, all!!! I have a lot to try here! That should make my day.....and yes I could feel the scratch when I run my finger thru it!!! We'll see what happens! I'll try the most gentle process first...that is, the eraser system :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks again guys!!! Ya' all have a nice weekend!!!!!!