When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

i'd like a new face please

wannabe

hello all

i've had this Breitling for a while now and thought it could do with a make over. nothing too drastic i just want to replace the face/dial with something more upto date / accurate

305405-390.jpg

its a huge 49mm across (without crown) and the chrono dials work, thus:

10th /sec @ 12

seconds @ 6

minutes @ 9

sorry about the library picture, (mine is exactly the same) my camera is rubish but it gives me an exuse to go buy a new one ;)

so, any of you have any recommendations or ideas as to what i could replace the current dial with? and places i could get it

what i'd like to do eventually is take off the UTC dial (will probably go onto another Breitling) and put a nice chuncky strap on it.

i've just seen this thread http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=2260 and seen italiano17771 super avenger, that is the stage i'd like to get to, thats just stunning!

any help will always be welcomed

thanks

Wannabe B)

I think you're SOL. I've seen that one (except the one I saw had the "open 4" on the bezel - correct for the Aeromarine series)

It's supposed to be a super avenger (I think) but it's like (the one I saw) 5 or 6 mm bigger than my SA rep. You can get the SA rep for around $250, so I'd do that and use this one as a beater. Even if you could find a dial to swap, the fact that it's quartz would ruin it, in my opinion.

*edit* By the way, does your UTC actually run in 24 hour mode, or is it just labeled like that?

Edited by giorgio

I think you're SOL.

:brow: care to elaborate? not sure what you mean but that?

I've seen that one (except the one I saw had the "open 4" on the bezel - correct for the Aeromarine series)

It's supposed to be a super avenger (I think) but it's like (the one I saw) 5 or 6 mm bigger than my SA rep. You can get the SA rep for around $250, so I'd do that and use this one as a beater. Even if you could find a dial to swap, the fact that it's quartz would ruin it, in my opinion.

*edit* By the way, does your UTC actually run in 24 hour mode, or is it just labeled like that?

the UTC actually runs in 12hr mode, its only marked as 24hrs

Thanks again for your reply

What I meant was, even if you could get your hands on a dial from a super avenger, and it fit properly (subdial spacing, case size and depth) the movement would be a dead giveaway, as would the brushed case baracelet (though you could polish them), and the hands (they would be silver on the SA). The Super avenger isn't one of the more popular reps so they can be had pretty cheap, so for the trouble you'd go through to get this to look more like a Super Avenger, you might as well just buy one.