When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TNT Courier Service

guanaco

Ok, after ordering my watches from Andrew a while ago (Aug. 14), we ran into some trouble because apparently my address wasn't right (had 00000 as my zipcode, but either way I had to put it that way because zipcode was required on the form and we don't have a zipcode here in El Salvador -_- ), so Andrew tells me FedEx China will not ship the package so he switched to TNT, just wondering if you guys can please give me some info. on this shipping service and if it's usually fast or slow (and safe!). I'm not THAT upset about the switch, just concerned.

BTW Andrew has replied all of my emails super fast, usually 5-20 minutes after I send them :o

*Already searched the website for TNT to no avail.

My order says: "Potential Connection Delay " does anyone know what it means? It's about 1 day away from El Salvador, it's in Miami! :o

I just can't wait to see the package lying on my room when I arrive! :D No mercy for the box it's in, when it arrives I'm going to rip it a new one XD

Edited by guanaco

Cool so it changed... "Consignment Held For Inspection By Customs"....

I did a bit of research on Google and this comment came up from a Steroids forum (The guy supposedly works as a US customs agent) commenting on the guy worrying about the package being held by customs:

"What your note below says doesn't necessarily mean it was examined by customs. I would guess this is moving FedEx or UPS. When exports are consigned, often " Consignment Held For Inspection By Customs" or something similar simply means the flight hasn't left or the paperwork hasn't been approved. If it says "pending customs exam" when it hits the US, you are screwed. Don't confuse "pending customs release" with "pending customs exam"

So I really shouldn't be worried if that's the case -_- ... or should I be worried?

Edited by guanaco

Apparently no, I shouldn't be worried:

30 Aug 2007 - 16:00 Miami - Consignment Received At Transit Point - ^_^

Let's just hope it all goes well :). I'm expecting the package to arrive to my country tomorrow, if it does and all goes as planned I should have them on Monday :D!

:pray: The real test will be my country's customs... They have the bad habit of stealing stuff... :disgust:

Edited by guanaco

I hope this serves as some type of example on how long it takes 2 watches (In this case two Omega PO, one UPO 45.5mm & the other a 42.5mm PO) to ship from Andrew (Trusty) to the U.S.A; In this case all the way to Miami, FL. using the TNT courier service.

30 Aug 2007 16:00 Miami Consignment Received At Transit Point

30 Aug 2007 11:28 Miami Consignment Held For Inspection By Customs

29 Aug 2007 16:30 Miami Potential Connection Delay

28 Aug 2007 17:33 Hong Kong Consignment Received At Transit Point

28 Aug 2007 00:35 Shenzhen Shipped From Originating Depot

27 Aug 2007 22:54 Shenzhen Consignment Received At Transit Point

3 DAYS from China to the U.S. - Not bad at all!

Edited by guanaco