When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM GMT's

cskent69

Board guru's - I am considering purchasing a PAM 029 or PAM 063. I know that there are lots of folks who have one. I have done searches - and have not been successful. Has anyone done a comparison of the gen versus rep of either of these? The pics on our dealers sites loook good - but was hoping for someone with both to comment.

I can tell you about the 63 - the faults are: minute hand 1mm too long, date numbers wrong font but a fix will be available in a few weeks, the date cyclops is too small and not powerful enough and again is about to be fixed very soon. Crown is the other thing that needs sorting and again will be available soon. Make sure you get the 2893 version as this is a proper GMT movt

the 063 has one flaw that i dont think has been mentioned here on RWG yet. as a C series watch, the circumscribed text on the caseback should be a tad more stretched:

53429-35894.jpg

53429-35895.jpg

and now the rep caseback:

53429-35896.jpg

there is a slight difference in text. for the B series GMT's, like the 029 the case back is spot on.

Board guru's - I am considering purchasing a PAM 029 or PAM 063. I know that there are lots of folks who have one. I have done searches - and have not been successful. Has anyone done a comparison of the gen versus rep of either of these? The pics on our dealers sites loook good - but was hoping for someone with both to comment.

pam 063 with 2893 movements seem to be tuff to get, at least from the dealers recommeded on this site. Recently purchases an 029 from EL wth 2893. I know it has its flaws (crown, lum cyclopse and date font) but it is a damn fine looking watch and keeps great time.

pam 063 with 2893 movements seem to be tuff to get, at least from the dealers recommeded on this site. Recently purchases an 029 from EL wth 2893. I know it has its flaws (crown, lum cyclopse and date font) but it is a damn fine looking watch and keeps great time.

i have this same EL watch....and really love it. its in route back to me after a The Zigmeister relume, should have in a day or two. the date font is better then the asian PAMs, but id welcome a date font/cyclops improvement for sure....would be close enough for me with that fix and the lum.

I have the 063 with the 2893 movement on a tan alligator deployant with me on this weeks trip. The above mentioned flaws are true but it's a fine looking watch as it comes if you can find it.

I was checking out a gen yesterday and I must say it is an amazing watch. Where did you get your 63?