When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GEORGE DICKEL

Guest shutter_bug

TONIGHT'S DRINK. GO BIG RED.

50251-36340.jpg

Being from Kentucky originally myself, I know that those poor souls who favor Tennessee whiskey simply don't know any better, I'll try and forgive your ignorance.

Kentucky is known for three things - all tied to the same thing. Kentucky is where ALL bourbon comes from. Kentucky has uniquely blue grass, and Kentucky has the finest thoroughbred race horses anywhere. The link is the limestone rock that lets water flow thru where it is filterd to be wonderfully pure and it picks up a tremendous amount of calcium.

That fine, pure, water is what Kentucky bourbon is made of.

Now, as we all know, water flows from north to south here in this Country, and as common sense implies, all those fine race hourses drinking all that wonderfully pure water eventually have to pee - what do you suppose those folks in Tennesse are making that nasty Tennessee swill out of?

Makers Mark

Jim Beam

Elijah Craig

[censored] Creek

Wild Turkey

Woodford Reserve -- a personal favorite

Bookers

Ancient Age

There is no good reason why anyone would ever drink anything from Tennessee - espcially that Jack [censored]

Bill <-- Loyal Kentuckian and Lover of Fine Bourbon

Guest shutter_bug

Read my best ten bourbon post, and you will see a lot of from Kentucky. I love the Derby, and I am picking Barbaro this weekend at THE PREAKNESS.