When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Regatta PAM 253

wjlamp

Hi,

does anybody know,if the Silix Regatta PAM 253 ,is worthy of purchase ? Any experience with the piece or the seller would be very helpfull

Thanks

You should definitely search for this topic. I've appeared in many threads and topics discussing my pleasurable dealings with Jay at Silix-prime as well as my WONDERFUL PAM253.

My PAM253 is probably my favorite watch.. It's very solidly made and looks absolutely stunning.. apart from the sans sarif font on the '1' on the 3 o'clock subdial, the slightly too thin '12' and '6', as well as the outer number ring on the dial that shouldn't be flush with the rehaut.. the watch is a 95% perfect from a common observer's perspective.

My recent problem has been the CG... one night after a hard night of partying i came home to find that my Crown Gaurd was loose because one of the two screws had fallen out. i was able to get this fixed with a glasses screw that quasi fit.. well about 3 weeks ago.. both remaining screws fell out. I talked to silix about it and he immediately sent me new screws.. but unfortunately his screws were too short.. I explained the problem again to him and he promptly replied that i should send the watch back and he will have his watchmaker replace my screws personally or he'll replace my watch with a new one free of charge (he'll also replace if it gets lost in customs). Not bad service at all if you ask me. I sent my watch into him today and hope to get it back sometime soon. Nothing but great things to say about Jay.

Never bought from anyone else besides silix-prime.. although Andrew has given me an $80 credit as a result of something regarding a deal between him and my dad.

Jay is outstanding (although sometimes a little slow to respond to emails... hehe)

p.s. my personal PAM253

IMG_0664.jpg

IMG_0654.jpg

Edited by plaifender

Thanks a lot.

I saw it in this forum, in full detail ,a great pic by TWP, and blimey,I'm in love

That was THE definitive answer that I was expecting by the forum.With all the pros and con for the subject.

I will take the plunge,since I like the piece lots.

Thanks once more

I believe Jay sells the version with the mineral glass. There is a sapphire version with a slightly different dial available as well. It also costs more. I like the dial better on the mineral glass one so I bought that version. I love the heck out of the watch. It just does not follow the big and simple traditional dial for Panerai most people favor.

I also replaced the stock rubber band with a black carbon fibre band. The carbon fibre goes well with the waffle dial. I will also replace the white stitching with blue to contrast with the blue seconds hand. Great combo!

Edited by austin870

I believe Jay sells the version with the mineral glass. There is a sapphire version with a slightly different dial available as well. It also costs more. I like the dial better on the mineral glass one so I bought that version. I love the heck out of the watch. It just does not follow the big and simple traditional dial for Panerai most people favor.

I also replaced the stock rubber band with a black carbon fibre band. The carbon fibre goes well with the waffle dial. I will also replace the white stitching with blue to contrast with the blue seconds hand. Great combo!

Any photos austin?