When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 250 Daylight 44mm Dials?

Panerai Guy!

Hi all, I just purchased this PAM 250 from Andrew and it arrived yesterday. It is an absolutly beautiful watch and he was great. I am curious though, do all the dials on the face typically work on a rep? I am not use to these watches so the chronometer hand(typically the second hand), doesn't move without pressing the side top button. That was a suprise since the second hand typically runs all the time, but not a problem. The dial at 9 is the actual second hand, but I don't know what the 3 and 6 dials are for, and if you can set them! If anyone has any comments or help with this, I would really appreciate it!

Hi all, I just purchased this PAM 250 from Andrew and it arrived yesterday. It is an absolutly beautiful watch and he was great. I am curious though, do all the dials on the face typically work on a rep? I am not use to these watches so the chronometer hand(typically the second hand), doesn't move without pressing the side top button. That was a suprise since the second hand typically runs all the time, but not a problem. The dial at 9 is the actual second hand, but I don't know what the 3 and 6 dials are for, and if you can set them! If anyone has any comments or help with this, I would really appreciate it!

It's a chronograph. You use it to measure elapsed time. Top right button to start the stopwatch, top right button to stop. Bottom right to reset. Let it run long enough and the subdials will indicate elapsed minutes and hours.

It's a chronograph. You use it to measure elapsed time. Top right button to start the stopwatch, top right button to stop. Bottom right to reset. Let it run long enough and the subdials will indicate elapsed minutes and hours.

Thanks! So can I allow it to continually run just like a second, second hand? I didn't know if it would be too much stress on the gears running all the time. Can you explain or steer me toward a website that explaines what the cronograph is typically used for?