When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Will tropic 22 crystal fit on 160XX series case?

stilty

I'm wondering if a Tropic 22 crystal will fit on a Rolex 160xx series case? The measurements I've received for the Tropic 22 are: OD: 31.1mm, ID: 29.6mm, Height: 4.5mm

I believe the crystal for the 160xx series is Cyclopes 135. Does anyone have the measurements for comparison?

I'm trying to assemble parts for a nice vintage franken project!

thanks!

Edited by stilty

I'm wondering if a Tropic 22 crystal will fit on a Rolex 160xx series case? The measurements I've received for the Tropic 22 are: OD: 31.1mm, ID: 29.6mm, Height: 4.5mm

I believe the crystal for the 160xx series is Cyclopes 135. Does anyone have the measurements for comparison?

I'm trying to assemble parts for a nice vintage franken project!

thanks!

Well, I guess no one knows?

Anyway, I found out the info I needed, so figured I would share, cuz that is what good members should do. :)

The inside diameter on the cyclops 135 is 29.5mm, so the diameter of the tropic 22 is 0.1mm bigger, so that will fit, may need a bit of crystal cement?

The outside diameter on the cyclops 135 is 30.7mm, so the diamater on the Tropic 22 is 0.4mm bigger, so I will have to sand off a bit to re-fit the bezel.

Now to find the parts at a good price. Not an easy task.

• 4 years later...