When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Custom Watch Dial

bbell6

If this question is in the wrong location, I apologize.

I'm trying to piece together a custom watch and I'm having trouble sourcing a custome dial (I already have the movement val. 7753 and access to a case). If anyone has any ideas regarding custom dials your input would be appreciated.

Since I haven't come across any custom dial suppliers I was looking for an old dial that might work and came across this one, which appears to be the proper diameter for the case I'm considering.

LeonidasFront.jpg

LeonidasBack.jpg

I'm not sure what movement the dial was made for, but from what I've found on the internet, most of the older leonidas watches with this dial configuration used some sort of manual wind valjoux 77xx. Just wondering if there is any chance that this dial (subdial spacing - I assume I'd have to remove the feet) would work with a 7753. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Sorry that I can't be the expert here but it looks like a dial for a Valjoux 7753, which was common to a Wakmann chronograph in the 50's and 60's which I used to own. The Wakmann (a Breitling product) was well respected in it's time. That would be another possibilty.

Carl

Carl,

Thanks for your input. I'm keeping an eye open for a Wakmann dial, but as of yet have only came across a couple of manual winding 7736s. However, based on the looks of these Wakmann 7736 dials, I feel that there is a good chance that the Leonidas is also a 7736 dial (I don't think the feet are in the right place for it to be a 7753, but I could be wrong). I guess the question is whether a 7736 dial will fit a 7753 movement.

Thanks

Sorry that I can't be the expert here but it looks like a dial for a Valjoux 7753, which was common to a Wakmann chronograph in the 50's and 60's which I used to own. The Wakmann (a Breitling product) was well respected in it's time. That would be another possibilty.

Carl