When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bezel No Longer Clicking..Help?

beever

Just messing around with a Rolex Rep I have in my house and in my attempt to return it back to life, the bezel no longer "clicks". I stole a photo from another post as it appears to be the same case I have with a small hole at 11 o'clock. I found a small piece that could fit in the hole but, i think it is too shallow in the hole to click with the teeth on the bottom of the bezel. Any suggestions?

post-8196-1190241188_thumb.jpg

The hole is far too small to use a spring from a pen..no pen I know of that small. I have the pin part just not the spring so when the pin is inserted into the hole it sinks to the bottom of the case. Maybe a pencil eraser will work but, eventually that will wear out too. I wish the "sticky" instructions on watch disassembly would have mentioned those parts, now I am hard pressed to find such a spring.

Well, it is a 50th anniversary sub with a swiss eta 2836-2 movement. I am fairly certain it did click and is supposed to click but, assuming it didnt click, why do I have the double ended pin that was in the hole? Why would someone put the pin in the hole in the first place if it served no purpose?

Any suggestions on finding that spring?

Just 2 days ago I removed the bezel from an Omega SMP (my first removing of a clicking bezel), and those f****** pin and spring jumped out.

Fortunately they just landed on my work table, where I found them and put them in a safe place.

Having no clue about their function, and being very unsure about what hole they had come from, at first I tried to reassemble the bezel back without placing the pin.

Result: no click anymore. And the bezel freely rotated clock- and counterclockwise.

I had to remove the bezel again, put the spring and the pin in a hole, and put the bezel back. Then it worked good.

Moral: the spring pushes the pin against the teeth on the back side of the bezel. And that f****** pin is the only thing making the clicks and preventing the bezel to rotate clockwise.

About finding the spring:

- Look well in your chair.

- Use an electric torch placed orizontally on the pavement to project long shadows of all the microdebris that are on your pavement. Turn the room light off, and slowly move the torch around, keeping it flush on the pavement.