When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First post:

rikf

Hi all :)

I have few questions about rep Navitimers,

1) Is it possible to get a waterproof Navitimer?

2) What if i want to get a genuine leather strap? I am a skinny white guy, how realistic is the rep leather strap? what if i want to get a genuine leather strap? can i walk into an AD and say it is for a friend and fit it myself?

3) Can you get a Navitimer with a swiss movement?

1) I dont know about the cheaper ones but the 7750 ones don't have a screw down crown so I wouldn't even wash my hands with it on.

2) Theres a dealer on ebay UK sells an assortment of gen straps. I've got several BOB straps for Breitling and they are very recommended. I too am a "skinny white guy", a 44mm PAM being th ebiggest watch I can cope with but the Navitimer is probably the perfect size of watch for me being about the same size as a SMP.

3) I'm not sure, somone else will prob know though.

Hope this helps.

Edited by gargoil

Hi all :)

I have few questions about rep Navitimers,

1) Is it possible to get a waterproof Navitimer?

2) What if i want to get a genuine leather strap? I am a skinny white guy, how realistic is the rep leather strap? what if i want to get a genuine leather strap? can i walk into an AD and say it is for a friend and fit it myself?

3) Can you get a Navitimer with a swiss movement?

1. Waterproof? I don't think so - the crown doesn't screw down (even on the gen Breitling) and the pushers are certain to leak.

2. Genuine strap - I bought one from an AD a few weeks ago with no hassle. However the rep leather strap and buckle is the best quality and most accurate replica strap, by a long margin. It is not a cheap and nasty item.

3. Swiss. Yes, Josh (Perfect Clones) sells these but they are expensive. Buy a rep with the 6, 9, 12 dial layout, get the Asian movement serviced and you likely will have no problems. If it does die then it can be swapped for the Swiss 7750 easily.

I have one of the newer rep straps and have replaced it with a gen from an AD. In my opinion, the gen is so much better and I won't go back to the rep strap.

For a service contact Ziggy. My Asian 7750 was serviced recently by him and it runs beautifully.

Should be redone every five years.

Hope that helps