When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dreaded backwards "B" on my new Navitimer

crystalcranium

Got the beautiful TT Tricompax arrangement Navitimer BY-Tor reviewed but it has the backwards B on the chrono second hand. This was not indicated in the seller's pics. Anyone know how to get my hands on a correct one for the asian 7750. I have already emailed the dealer to see if he can get one but I might have to send it back.

I heard from the dealer this morning who said he had similar complaints and will source replacements asap. Still have to do the watch work myself...oh no...not another keyless works disaster!!!

I ordered one of the replica straps with a tang buckle...these are wonderful reproductions. I had a genuine breitling strap on my Bentley GT and this strap is about 95% of the same quality. One difference is that it's more supple, soft and comfortable than the original.

I have to say that while it's not politically correct to compliment the Asian 7750 (and it's far too early to comment on it's mechanical reliability) the machining and details on this movement are very nice...blued screws!...nice cloud and machining patterns on the bridges and rotor...and beautiful Breitling engraving on the rotor...yes engraving not a sticker...with nicely finished gold in the lettering that stood up to 7X loupe inspection. It's certainly the nicest "looking" Asian 7750 I've had to date by far. Lume on the hands was fantastic...I could see them very clearly when I got up this morning. The screw off caseback is the smoothest and easiest of any replica I've worked on...we all know how annoying and scary it can be to remove a caseback with poorly machined threads...this one is smooth as butter. As soon as the second hand issues are straightened out...this is going to be one fine piece. Totally different looks on the TT btacelet (which is very well made and will be a scratch magnet) and the chocolate brown strap...both equally beautiful. The wife loves it so it has passed the "what the hell did you spend all that money on a fake watch for" test!