When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Few Problems with my Trusty Time 111

Guest REPPIN

Ok, so the first problem is the lever that holds the crown down is loose. Like to the point where if i shake my wrist hard it comes open.

Problem number 2, when i try and wind the watch, sometimes the crown just turns freely and doesnt wind. I have to push the crown in HARD, and then turn it before it winds, and then sometimes is clicks really loud, like its slipping of the gear and catching again.

Any ideas what the problem is? BTW: both of these problems started occuring at the same time, and Ive only had this think like 2 weeks.

Any clue?

I don't really know enough about PAMs to be 100% specific, but the crown guard flaw sounds like poor manufacture, and the crown stem not engaging (not that I know a whole lot about movements) sounds (from what I've read others discuss) like a problem with something refered to as 'keyless works' (not entirely sure what that is, but I think it's the part which determines what moving the crown will do to the movement ie wind it or move the hands)

As mentioned above, drop shippers (of which Trusty is one) don't see the product before it's shipped, so rely on their supplier to send the right item/a working item/an item which has been serviced as promised. As with any such practice, there exists the possibility of human error and confusion. Personally, I would ask the dealer for either a straight exchange, or a straight refund. Given the nature of the watch, you might have a hard time finding a watch smith who would be prepared to work on the movement, and likely couldn't do anything about the crown guard lever. At the end of the day, you've received a defective product, so should be able to exchange or refund rather than having to go to the expense of fixing something which should have arrived in a working condition.

Best of luck :)